30 Bananas a Day!

I am in my early 60s and have been a raw food vegan for several years.  I do not believe in random health testing but my doctor advised me to schedule a colonscapy.  I refused because I do not see any point since I have been eating extremely healthy.  I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thank you

Views: 677

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am not sure what hygiene has to do with the issue other than it is one possible source of disease.

Can you expand on your question a little more so I can get an idea of what you are trying really ask?

"I'm speaking of natural hygiene and writings of Tilden, Shelton, Thompson and so on"

The bit that I saw just now researching it is that there is some merit to it, just like a clean eating & exercise lifestyle. However, it does not preclude the importance of medical checkups or tests to make sure that your body is functioning in the manner that is expected based on how you treat it and fuel it.

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

My main point is that doctors that use allopathic medicine, treating symptoms instead of removing the cause of the symptoms, are not helping anybody get healthy and they are making a lot of money.  Pretty simple.  Sure get a test, if it is positive you are in for a slew of drugs and procedures, none of which can cure you, only remove the symptom (aka the signal your body is giving you that something is wrong).  Then you are left with a compromised body and, if still making the same lifestyle choices, the symptoms of course will return.  Why not just remove the cause in the first place and avoid all that?

And honestly you certainly do sound like their advocate. 

"My main point is that doctors that use allopathic medicine, treating symptoms instead of removing the cause of the symptoms"

That is so not true. How many people get cancer treatments and never get it again? How many people get cured of simple STDs? Lymphoma?

"Sure get a test, if it is positive you are in for a slew of drugs and procedures, none of which can cure you" None?!?! Ok. You are so against anything that a doctor might need you to do to recover from something that you think ALL medical treatments only reduce symptoms and will not cure things?

"Why not just remove the cause in the first place and avoid all that?" Because the CAUSES of diseases are not only lifestyle related such as: cell replication gone wrong, environmental radiation, cosmic rays, UV radiation from the sun, various heavy elements, heck even some plants are toxic! You greatly reduce your chances to get many conditions but you do not eliminate them by living any lifestyle no matter how pure it is. Regarding your symptom argument, again, "Sure get a test, if it is positive you are in for a slew of drugs and procedures, none of which can cure you, only remove the symptom (aka the signal your body is giving you that something is wrong)" Let me see here....by your reasoning my friend that died from colon cancer didn't know he had stage four cancer until a month before his death because he had no symptoms but he wasn't receiving treatment for it so why were his symptoms not manifesting until it was too late?

"And honestly you certainly do sound like their advocate. " Sorry you think that way but again, I am an advocate for a healthy life and when someone is in denial about using ALL resources to try to ensure that happens they are cheating themselves.

That is not always true. From what you are saying we have to assume that everyone who does not find a cancer until it is too late is because they are ALL taking some sort of drug, stimulant, or eating wrong and that is just not true.

I get that some people do not want to rely on modern medicine for cures, i.e. most medications treat things that are either preventable or able to be address with more natural solutions. But not everything is that way AND we are talking about a routine test to see if what you are doing is preventing something that can be seen with a simple test.

Sometimes in our devotion to being as natural as possible we write off what is also important. We sometimes also end up data mining the science that we want while ignoring what works.

I think the major thing we disagree on is that I think all disease is preventable while you believe that most are preventable. I agree things like Type 1 Diabetes which is caused by your parent's life style, will not simply fix itself by eating well and insulin is needed to be taken in, but diseases that can be caused in your life time by factors you can effect can be overcome. Therefore as long as you didn't have issues with how your body works from birth, then if you live a lifestyle that is optimal, then there should not be disease. I believe in mimicking the environment we evolved in as best as we can so that we do not face negative consequences due to our body's physiology being geared to what we are not doing.

Robert:

How can you say that you believe that all diseases are preventable but then in the very next sentence you acknowledge a disease can be passed down through DNA, meaning NOT preventable?

"if you live a lifestyle that is optimal, then there should not be disease." That depends on your definition of optimal. However, nature by itself has many pathogens that can get into your body, even from natural sources. Ever heard of radon gas? The other multitude of natural sources of radiation? Cosmic rays? UV radiation from the sun? Heavy elements?

There are so many things that cause disease that are not related to lifestyle. Leading the right lifestyle can significantly reduce lifestyle based diseases for sure, but it is not a prevent all.

I have to say that was cherry-picking what I said lol. I said "Therefore as long as you didn't have issues with how your body works from birth, then if you live a lifestyle that is optimal, then there should not be disease."

If your parents don't live an optimal life then their bad health will be passed onto you. It is preventable in THEIR life before you are born, but their lifestyle effects the child.

Making a lifestyle that sets us in an environment similar to that which we evolved in will provide us with situations that we are evolved for, and therefore thrive. Nitpicking certain things and trying to avoid them at ALL costs is not as important as providing our body with what it is designed to have.

"I don't know about you but I don't think sticking cameras up my ass is beneficial to one's health"  loved this, thanks for the laugh!

Yes, I would consider it if there was something wrong but just to do exploratory testing that I would not agree to.  I just went for a blood test to see how I'm doing diet wise and everything was o.k.  All of sudden the doctor said that I should get this test because it's time to do them.   No Thanks.

Thanks for your reply

The test is pointless because it doesn't change what the path to health is. If someone has toxic diet and lifestyle habits, then they are at risk. The only thing a test could do is shock them into taking action on their health. If you know what you would do if you knew, and are already doing it, then there is no reason. 

There is freedom in understanding that only your body has the power to heal itself, but there is not a lot of money for doctors lol.

A regular vegan usually is eating lots of grains, salt, and oils among other toxins we are not adapted to. Cancer is just the end stage of toxemia in any case.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"DUD PARTS Coronavirus testing delayed after kits found to be contaminated by Covid-19 #NoVaccine #organic #fruits https://j.mp/3aDW0ye"
6 hours ago
Samantha Marie Alvarez left a comment for Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid
yesterday
Samantha Marie Alvarez and Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid are now friends
yesterday
ednshell posted a video

Biggest Deception On The Whole World EndGame Plan

This will alter our lives and paradigm forever. I know this will shock and disturb most people listening. PERSONAL MESSAGE I WANT ALL MY DONOR BOX SUPPORTERS...
yesterday
Meurig Rowlands is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
Samantha Marie Alvarez posted a discussion
yesterday
Mika M is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
"Bahrain, Belgium Report COVID-19 Treatment Touted By Trump Working For Patients #organic #fruits #vegetables #health https://j.mp/39p6zno"
Mar 27
Cassie K and DreamsofFreedom are now friends
Mar 27
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Gardening for food and fun.
Mar 27
Sarah Troyer and Kevin are now friends
Mar 20
"Visualizing The History Of Pandemics... By Death Toll #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity http://j.mp/2x0ghPI"
Mar 18
ednshell commented on OrganicMark's status
Mar 16
Miles Brandon is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 16
Profile IconMichael Taube and lizzie joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 7
Rock replied to pradtf's discussion vegan cats
Feb 29

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service