30 Bananas a Day!

i love dates in smoothies to sweeten them up and when theyre blended but i cannot eat a pitted date alone! i hate the texture, i am bewildered how someone eats 20 dates alone. does anyone else dislike dates on their own but like them in smoothies?

Views: 1484

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I refrigerate them. Helps with the texture thing.

my thoughts exactly haha!

so agree. I've been trying to eat more dates lately but each time my brain interjects with "er, why are you eating headless cockroaches again?" They did taste really nice though. I love how caramel they are like toffee pudding. My favourite smoothie of the moment is banana, ice, dates, blueberries and oat milk.

Pitted? Are you eating fresh dates? I love dates, no problem with their texture, I barely blend them, just eat 'em straight up. 

yes i pitt them myself, theyre fresh lol.

no I hate dates

Omg, I was just telling my husband the other day that as a big fan, Huge fan, of dates, that I would describe them as "the closest thing a raw foodist comes to caramelly, ooey-gooey heaven, wrapped in the skin of a cockroach." It's true! I love them still and know the whole time I am eating them, they are not bugs! Am actually worried about ordering a box of dates because I am afraid I will eat them all at one sitting, or close to it. And put them in a smoothie- feel like I've died and gone to heaven- I can't stand how good they are in smoothies! :)

I know exactly what you mean Karin.  I ordered a box and can't stop eating them.  I'm happy to have split the box with a friend :) I LOOOOVVVEE dates.  The only thing that may be negative is that I think they give me smelly gas :(. Does this happen to anyone? I don't eat more than 20 or less. Maybe I shouldn't eat them every day.  

Are all dates created equal? I know that there are more calories in Medjool, and these are definitely my favourite in terms of taste and texture - they were easy to get in Australia, but are proving very difficult to source in NZ! Buying 170g for $8-9 as a treat only, otherwise buying regular dates at $4 for 500g. I had assumed that whenever people referred to dates on 80/10/10 they were talking Medjool...

Yeah, me too. I love dates so much I generally make a green smoothie with bananas and drink that while I eat dates.

I hate dates fullstop, they taste vulgar,  they're dry, and they stick in the gaps between my teeth.

I love that you describe dates as vulgar :D

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Charlie joined gmb's group
yesterday
Andreea is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Where Is Inflation Hiding? In Asset Prices! #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2VSkM6E"
yesterday
"World Trade Suffers Biggest Collapse Since Financial Crisis #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2vajA2w"
Wednesday
"Banks Prepare to Take Your Money ⚠️ Bail-ins Exposed, Economic Collapse Update #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2UA4Ucg"
Wednesday
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Still Mind
Tuesday
Houdini Steve Owens replied to Ciara's discussion My English for your Spanish in the group International Penfriends and Language Exchange
Tuesday
Alexis Bassard left a comment for Elliot David Manning
Monday
Elliot David Manning and Alexis Bassard are now friends
Monday
Alexis Bassard posted a status
"I'm going on a fasting cleanse"
Monday
"I'm going to be going on the 30 bananas a day diet. Or the Hollywood liquid diet including real fruit smoothies with bananas."
Monday
"Yeah. What's up?"
Monday
Alexis Bassard is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Sunday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
"Gold DOUBLED in price for the central banks #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2Ixj6vt"
Sunday

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service