30 Bananas a Day!

Do you have a water softener? I'm either a genious or an idiot!

Okay so i have been retaining water like mad, i literally have gained about 20 pounds in fluid the past month, this was confusing the heck out of me because i wasn't doing anything different

so this past week i decided to up my water intake to see if maybe if that might help flush it out, well it seems to be doing nothing or perhaps making the problem a little worse, in case you're wondering i've been drinking about 2-3 gallons or 8-12 quarts of water per day

well today i was carrying bags of salt down to my basement for the water softener, and i was like oh ummm all of this is going into my water, that might be a problem lol...i can actually recall tasting salt in my tap water a couple of times....so does anyone know if the salt from a water softener can cause you to retain fluid, cuz if it can im off to the spring ASAP!

Views: 1494

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know how a water softener works, but if you're drinking water with salt in it...yeah, it's causing you to retain fluid! Drink distilled whenever you can.    .....ana xoxo
thanks for the reply...i'm not a fan of distilled, i do however live within driving distance of a really great spring, so when i can persuade someone to give me a lift i drink that :)
lucky you i have to drive over 50 miles to harvest spring water. Spring water is the BEST water you could possibly drink
I know, i'm soo grateful! I just told my friend about my little salty situation and she volunteered to give me a lift...so i'll be back on the good stuff tomorrow! I'll have to report back in a week or so whether or not i have dropped any water weight

What kind of salt is it?

Salts can cause retention of water in the tissues. The body tries to clean the blood, and if the kidneys aren't fast enough, the salt passively gets deeper into the tissues and the skin, and once there, sucks water in through osmosis.

I bet some is getting in your water and any kind of salt will cause water retention.  Good detective work! ;)

You want to get the fluoride out anyway so go buy some Reverse Osmosis water, should be easy to find. 

i'm on a well so no flouride, thank jesus!
Yep we have one too.  Without it our water gets a lot of rust and will turn the sink and bathtub orange.  I don't drink our water though because it tastes terrible!  Luckily my parents let me come and get water from their house (they have a really good water filter).  It's a pain to transport 10 gallons of water back and forth every week or two, but it sure tastes a lot better.  So yeah, if you have another source of water then I would do that.
Distilled is great, but don't buy it when it's been sitting in plastic bottles/jugs, it really sucks the plastic in.  You can get a distiller pretty cheap or even make one yourself.  The metal that some of them are made with may not be pure so I opted for a RO system.  I actually bought a distiller made in the U.S. but it had a metallic taste and they could not verify where the metal came from so I returned it.  Stainless steel is covered in Zinc to prevent it from rusting, something I learned recently.  ;)  You can buy RO water at lots of stores using your own container to fill up with.
I get freshly distilled water from a local health food store that has a commercial distiller and sells in bulk.  It's great water, no taste but still delicious somehow, and perfect for hydration (imo). Glass bottles are best, aside from being more fragile, and are available from wine and beer making shops in a variety of sizes.

just came across this on an FAQ from morten salt, which is what we use

12) If I am using salt in my water softener, how much sodium is in the soft water?

The amount of sodium in soft water is directly proportional to the hardness of the untreated water, and for most water supplies it is not very high. For each grain per gallon of hardness, multiply by 7.9 to convert to milligrams of sodium per liter (a liter is slightly more than a quart). For instance, water with 15 grains/gallon hardness will contain118 milligrams of sodium per liter after softening. Thus, 2 liters of water per day provides less than 250 milligrams, which is small compared to the normal daily intake. If you have any health concerns about consuming or cooking with salt-softened water, please consult your physician.

At 8-12 liters/day, that's a lot of additional sodium, Patch.  And this is rock salt?

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Frugisaurus replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
yesterday
Frugisaurus's photo was featured
Tuesday
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
Tuesday
ednshell posted a video

Why Smoothies are the Solution to Nourishment

From a live phone wellness consultation. I was coaching my client on how to get his greens and omega-3s in (flax oil because of sensitivity to seeds). While ...
Tuesday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Tuesday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Tuesday
OrganicMark posted a status
""I See No Future Here": Migration To Taiwan Surges 28% As Hong Kong Residents Flee #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31RVJTO"
Tuesday
Blue Coutell is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Tuesday
"Chinese Social Credit Score Prevents 2.5 Million "Discredited Entities" From Buying Plane Tickets #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30tZWNf"
Tuesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
Sunday
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Aug 17
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Aug 12
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12
"It’s Time To Expose These False Flags - Episode 1937c #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/2YBDept"
Aug 8

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service