30 Bananas a Day!

I simply love fruit!  I also love greens!  I love 80/10/10 and everything about it.  My health has improved beyond my wildest dreams.  And, I'm not through yet! LOL 

Many in the 811rv community recommend a pound of greens a day.  I am doing that in my juice feasting journey which ends in 2 weeks.  I love green smoothies and my salads each night are legendary!  I do have no problem with the pound of greens per day.

A dear friend of mine and 30BAD'r and 811rv of course! and I discussed the necessity of following that rule.  I teach this as part of my mentoring to my students who are improving their health via the road to high carb/low fat.  My friend is very well educated in the health and raw food movement and I value her sage wisdom.  She doesn't feel it is a necessary part of a 811rv lifestyle.  Again, I do value her viewpoints.  I also love my pound of greens per day.

What is your take on this important part of a healthy low fat raw vegan diet? 

Views: 5292

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you can ask him!  he is doing a call for a super cool 811 challenge group- check out the schedule http://www.811rvchallenge.com/?cat=4

its may 31 at 8:30 pm central time.  you can ask him anything you want, he is really nice :)

Wow! So happy to hear this. I'll be ther for sure. Thank you for letting us know

Thanks, I signed up too!! That is awesome!

Nicole he was also just on RAWVEGANRADIO with Steve Prusac.  I'm going to listen to the program tomorrow. 

exactly! don´t try to eat xx gramms from this or that, try to listen to your body! :)
we have been brain-washed from the food industrie and all the "good advices" from nutritionists our whole lives, so don´t let it happen in a similar way with all the panic about the amount of greens you should eat or whatever!

I eat at least 2 pounds and a half per day. Sometimes up to 3 pounds

You are definitely the King of Greens, Eduardo!  My hero!

I eat around 2 kgs of fruit, 1 kg and a half of veggies or cruciferous veggies and a half kg of tomatoes... in average.. sometimes even more veggies and fruits in the winter.

que isso, corassa! cê come isso tudo!!

don't you ever feel sick with so much tomato?? half a kg per day??

you eat thrice the amount of veggies dr. Graham reccomends!

could you please tell us whether you eat large meals in a fixed schedule or snack all day long? do you eat greens in every meal or only in some meals?

thank you, my friend!

you're the guy! you rawck!

arrebenta, irmão!

Doug Graham recommends one eat as many veggies as one cares for - no minimum or maximum.  He recommends a pound of leafy greens, though.  I've been eating probably half a kilo of tomato with mango almost every day.  That's only two tomatoes, three if they're small, so I don't think many people would have a problem with it.

I eat at least half a kilo, up to 3/4s, of greens pretty much every day and often juice another 200-300 g.  I'll do romaine, a few different types of kale, parsley, chard, beet greens, carrot greens, mustard greens, arugula, corn salad, dandelions, cleavers, chickweed, lambsquarters, purslane, etc.  No dressing.  Yes, a salad that size takes a long time to eat.  It takes me as long as an hour and a half, but I'm not hurrying, either.  I eat while I do research, surf 30BaD, or am watching something.  When I juice I add cucumber or celery.  I sometimes snack on iceberg, but don't usually count it as part of my greens intake. 

I think skimping on greens is one of the most damaging mistakes people make.  Many people drank coffee, smoked, are processed foods, etc. before changing their diets.  Habits like that not only don't provide enough minerals, but inhibit absorption or even leach minerals out of the body.  Especially in the Northern Hemisphere, so much of the fruit we get is picked too early, grown on poor soil.  We cannot depend on this sort of fruit to give us all the minerals we need, certainly not when we're starting out with probable deficiencies.  Our bodies aren't that great at absorbing minerals, so we need to give them a steady supply.

Beautiful and informative reply, dangermouse!  I couldn't agree more with what you said.  I cover my bases with fruits AND greens.  Greens are needed for my skin, nails, eyes, and overall feeling of wonderfulness. 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Navy Patents UFO-Like Compact Nuclear Fusion Reactor and Hybrid Space/Sea Crafts #evolution #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2qtNgbW"
yesterday
Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
Wednesday
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Tuesday
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Tuesday
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Oct 15
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Oct 14
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Oct 14
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Oct 13
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Oct 13
ednshell posted a discussion
Oct 13
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 13
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12
Rock and Tams are now friends
Oct 12
Tams posted a discussion
Oct 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service