30 Bananas a Day!

I simply love fruit!  I also love greens!  I love 80/10/10 and everything about it.  My health has improved beyond my wildest dreams.  And, I'm not through yet! LOL 

Many in the 811rv community recommend a pound of greens a day.  I am doing that in my juice feasting journey which ends in 2 weeks.  I love green smoothies and my salads each night are legendary!  I do have no problem with the pound of greens per day.

A dear friend of mine and 30BAD'r and 811rv of course! and I discussed the necessity of following that rule.  I teach this as part of my mentoring to my students who are improving their health via the road to high carb/low fat.  My friend is very well educated in the health and raw food movement and I value her sage wisdom.  She doesn't feel it is a necessary part of a 811rv lifestyle.  Again, I do value her viewpoints.  I also love my pound of greens per day.

What is your take on this important part of a healthy low fat raw vegan diet? 

Views: 5296

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's a question? I love greens, my dilema is how do I keep fresh in fridge. I am able to do groceries twice a week. My fridge is already filled with fruit and veggies. I feel like my containers of spinach, kale and mixed salad greens wll the containers are so big!!! Are there any tips on how to keep fresh and from getting slimy that would last 2 weeks?

2 weeks is stretching it.  1 week, maybe 10 days would be tops.  I put my greens in plastic bags you get in the produce section - don't use the expensive "Green Bags" they don't work worth diddly!  I lay them flat and they are fine.  Check them once every three days to see how they are doing.  I have 2 refrigerators actually and both are packed! 

Two fridges?  That's awesome.  I've been thinking about getting another fridge lately.  Our house is tiiiiny, though.  If my boyfriend didn't cook, I'd get rid of the oven and stick another fridge there.  Someday...

Get rid of the boyfriend who cooks. LOL.

Nah.  He makes me almost as happy as greens ;)

Do you share perhaps? :-)

I have two refrigerator's and they are both stuffed!!  Of course I have three meat eating men in my family too.  So, one is know as the "Healthy" fridge!!  LOL  But, there is healthy stuff in theirs too!!!

Yep usually 1/2 - 1 lb or more a day Green juice and green smoothies are always my back up

This is such a great topic. I've enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts. I have a question. Dr Neil Barnard says that the calcium in spinach is not available to the eater because of the oxalic acid. Do you really not get any calcium value from raw spinach? I like different kinds of greens. I love salads. They take forever to eat. The family is done eating and have the dishes washed and I am still chopping. LOL!!
And also what are your thoughts on Swiss chard (same as spinach?? no calcium issue??).

Joni use baby spinach - not so much oxalic acid.  Also we get sufficient calcium from all the plant based leafy greens and it really isn't an issue if you eat ENOUGH.  Sounds like you do and I wouldn't worry your sweet head about it.  LOL  Honest!  Remember when we believed that calcium came from drinking milk and eating cheese!  Rediculous!  They ROB us of calcium.  LOL

Hugs and great job on the greens! 

I am so glad you made me aware that I was not eating enough greens!  I will finally be there today!  I made two green smoothies with a whole bag of spinach(10oz) and will have a big salad for dinner(5oz.), almost there!!!  One more ounce to go!!!!

I'm so proud of you. You go girlfriend!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Kris and Kevin are now friends
10 hours ago
Sylvie Charron replied to cindy's discussion BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS
yesterday
yesterday
yesterday
Sarah Troyer joined TheBananaGirl's group
yesterday
JP7 is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
Lynae K. commented on victoria conde's blog post GOODBYE Tanglewood
yesterday
Lynae K. replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
yesterday
ednshell posted a video
Sunday
Profile IconSylvie Charron, Sarah Troyer, arinn m williams and 4 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Sunday
Mindaugas BananaHoover replied to Mindaugas BananaHoover's discussion Project: 101 Arguments Why We Need Move to TROPICS. Yes No Lists in the group Costa Rica 80 10 10
Nov 4
Profile IconBlu and Mike Moffat joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 25
ednshell posted a video

Arthur Firstenberg - 5G, Birds, Bees, and Humanity

A Symposium regarding 5G, Birds, Bees, and Humanity was held on August 12, 2018 in Taos, New Mexico, USA. Arthur Firstenberg was one of the…
Oct 25
OrganicMark posted a status
"Fed Prints Hundreds Of Billions For Repo, Majority Of US Banks At Risk Of Failure In Next Downturn #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2MGiJjV"
Oct 24
Allison Frances and Jessica are now friends
Oct 23
OrganicMark posted a status
"As Liquidity Evaporates, Fed's Third Bill POMO Is 5.5 Oversubscribed, Most Yet #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2Jd6RDz"
Oct 23

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service