30 Bananas a Day!

boutenko family aka the 'raw family'. ive met em all and lovely folk they are. and if you ask them personally if they eat cooked food they always say 'yes'. exception being victoria and she claims its cos she eats too much and doesnt exercise enough.

but let me tell you folks, if your as obese as victoria is, you are chewing a heck of a lot of calories to just maintain that weight and its IMPOSSIBLE to stay that weight on just raw plant foods alone. youd literally vomit on the amount of nuts/seeds/oil needed to support that sort of caloric excess.

my sincere advice to victoria is the same i gave sergei and valya, 'if you want to be slim, trim, fit and 100% raw vegan like natures design, simply get enough cals from your fav sweet fruits for starters.."

we need to hold the raw authors to a higher standard. what does it say about our raw movement when the 'raw family' females are chronically overweight from eating cooked food?

victoria boutenko has sold more raw food books than anyone in history. people constantly tell me 'well the raw diet sounds great but how come that victoria lady is obese!!!!..she is fatter than most people you see at mcdonalds!! etc'

it pains me to hear this and see victoria on stage and promoting the benefits of a raw food diet but she is obese...

Views: 3805

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Durian rider good point I agree. If you cant stay away from cooked food you should admit it. Or try a different approach
Maybe she has a hypothyroid that hasn't healed from eating high fat? So then see gains weight more easily?

Its a possible contributor maybe, but its probably multiple things.
you can become puffy on high fat raw gourmet, but nobody is becoming OBESE..:)
that would mean a LOT of flax crackers and nut burgers :b
Salt makes you retain water weight, so it's not going to be flattering for one's figure :b
I gained weight on high fat too...quite a bit of weight actually! I had people asking me the same thing people are talking about on here: "If you eat a raw vegan diet, why are so you thick?" or "no offense, but with what you eat, how is it possible for your thighs to be that big?"

That was all during what I call THE SUMMER OF GUAC. lol!! I was eating like 7 avocados worth of guacamole a day that was dense and filled with onions, salt, cilantro, tomatoes, jalepenos...ughhghghghggg
I have hypothyroidism and have never been more than 25# overweight. My take on hypothyroidism is if your thyroid ain't working efficiently you feel like crap, but then you have the choice of stuffing your face or not stuffing your face. Just like any disease gives you dis - ease.
I love Victoria, and her book "Green For Life" was life changing for me. (I had 2 green smoothies today :)

I'm not surprised to hear that she has been eating cooked foods, because the last time I saw her was on a YouTube video where she was making her lunch which was a smoothie made with 1 banana and a few kale leafs. That's only about 100 calories and I eat 15 bananas or more for lunch everyday and I have actually lost a lot of weight since I started eating that way, so I had the feeling that she couldn't be eating that way all the time.

One thing that does surprise me about her eating the way that she currently is is the fact that she has made a career out of writing books and giving lectures about raw foods and how it saved her and her family, and if it's obvious to people that you aren't practicing what you preach, or that what you preach isn't working for you personally, people simply aren't going to pay for your advice.

I really hope that she gets over what ever problems she is going through. She has done a lot of good for the raw food movement, and I'm sure could do even more great things in the future. If anyone here heard the interview with her and Matt please let us know a little more about what she said.
She needs to come over my house for dinner! The low fat raw meals that Roger, Andrew and I make are so TASTY that she'd never want to eat cooked food again! ;)
:D
If/whether its the Boutenkos or the Pipers who visit the Haeske/Malone household, we want to see the vids! Would be good times no doubt :)
Ty!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
4 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
12 hours ago
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Friday
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Aug 12
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12
"It’s Time To Expose These False Flags - Episode 1937c #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/2YBDept"
Aug 8
Frugisaurus and fruity78 are now friends
Aug 6
Carol Gay Fagerhaugh posted a status
"Hi ! 30 Bananas ! Can anyone direct me to a fruit and veggie calorie list? Thanks CG"
Aug 5
Profile IconA. Fruitarian and Alex Smith joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Aug 5
Aug 5
"Google 'Very Biased At Every Level' And 'Will Attempt To Influence 2020 Election': Former Engineer #truth #light #now http://bit.ly/2yDhzxz"
Aug 5
ﻻan mangostan commented on Marina's group I'm single, you're single. Let's mingle!
Aug 3
"Trump can be President beyond 2024 #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/332C6cZ"
Aug 3
"The Fasting Cure Is No Fad #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #weightloss #longevity https://on.wsj.com/2LX3XWx"
Aug 3
Jelle replied to FruitinLove's discussion Does everybody have a soulmate? in the group I'm single, you're single. Let's mingle!
Aug 2

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service