30 Bananas a Day!

Do any of you prepare meat for a nonvegan spouses/family?

Since going vegan, I have quite obviously found myself to be so much more compassionate toward animals. I've watched many animal ethics documentaries, one of which being the popular "Earthlings". It completely changed the way I look at raw meat. Everything about it repulses me to my core. 

I live with two meateaters, and I have found it increasingly more difficult to even see Animal in the fridge, sitting casually next to my delicious coconut water, let alone actually prepare it in dinners like I once did. Obviously, it is not my "job" to make homemade meals for two men. It was even a loved activity once upon a time. But, I simply cannot get over my aversion to handling a carcass or throwing it into the oven. (I actually am getting a gag reflex just typing this.) 

Serving them vegan dinners, at the present time, is out. They are not wildly objective to eating a huge, colorful, yummy plate of vegan food or even a rawtill4 delicacy like soups and currys, but they just will not eat this time and time again. Of course, these are adult men and they are able-bodied to serve themselves their own food. 

I am wondering..Do any of you prepare dishes with meat in them for your nonvegan family? Has your lifestyle shaken up the dynamics if your usual role was the dinner-preparer? Please share about your feelings if you cook a dinner with meat alternatively to your own.

Thanks and looking to hear from you guys.

Views: 473

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would never prepare or cook non-vegan food for anyone...I do not want to harm people and if you love humans you wouldn't want them to eat animal products.

I don't judge you FYI.  I don't know your family's situation exactly....so I mean whatever works for you. 

For me I have a long term plan which basically includes my 14 nieces and nephews, my oldest relatives have been exposed to healthy lifestyles before but essentially missed the boat or got on already, and I don't have the time and energy to keep investing in them...(already sent them the book 80/10/10 etc)

I feel you. 

+1 Misty!!

Thanks all for your replies :)

Hows your head injury doing BSOA?

My fiancé still eats meat and doesn't want to change this. He accepts that I don't want to eat meat anymore and is quite thoughtfully when it comes to cooking. He offers to prepare the meat-part of his  meals on his own and so he does, but we still sit and have dinner together. By the way, it's the only meal we have together since we both work from 7 am to 5 pm. So why shall I destroy the little time we have with needles arguments about veganism? I don't have to the change the world only because I became vegan, do I?

I've read funny stories from other vegan people disgusted by their companions because they would smell terrible. In my opinion this is extremely overdone. My fiance smells as good as always lol. 

I've always been good at cooking, I used to cook for family and friends really often. They appreciated my meals a lot! When I went vegan I stopped used animal products and they became very critical with me,now often they don't eat my cooked meals anymore. The weird thing? sometime I cooked vegan for them but I don't use the word "vegan". Strangely those are times when they appreciate my dishes again.
I think that's all a question of mind! for them I cooked with oil and salt to make meals more tasty(and I don't eat them) and I don't tell what I used or not. I will never use animal fleshes or their secretions anymore, I hope that in this way also my family will SLOWLY change. A life is always a life and it's not meant to finish in my fridge!
I'm really intransigent about this.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Navy Patents UFO-Like Compact Nuclear Fusion Reactor and Hybrid Space/Sea Crafts #evolution #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2qtNgbW"
8 hours ago
Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
Wednesday
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Tuesday
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Tuesday
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Monday
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Oct 14
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Oct 14
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Oct 13
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Oct 13
ednshell posted a discussion
Oct 13
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 13
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12
Rock and Tams are now friends
Oct 12
Tams posted a discussion
Oct 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service