30 Bananas a Day!

Hey ladies!

The topic I'm writing about is one of the most amazing things I have discovered in the past year. Yes, amazing. The diva cup. (or moon cup)

Many of you have heard of these before but have not invested in one, and I'm here to tell you why you NEED TO.

The diva cup (the brand I use) is a menstrual cup. It catches the blood without having to be soaked up by anything and create a mess. You can have it in for up to 12 hours and is reusable.

Menstrual cups save you money, environmental waste, and your health!

Pads and tampons contain numerous chemicals (including bleach) that are very harmful to the body. And you put them WHERE??!  These cancer causing, health damaging, and possibly fatal chemicals are put in a place in your body that should be very well cared for.

I love the Diva Cup and am never going back to pads or tampons. I have a fairly heavy to normal flow and I only have to empty it about every 3.5-4 hours. I think they are 30-40 dollars, but they can last for YEARS! Just clean them with hot soapy (chemical free soap) water every day and you will stay uber fresh!

For the environment, your wallet, and your health...please. Buy a menstrual cup.

Thanks for reading and caring. :)

Comment below about your experience with menstrual cups or any harmful things you know about tampons/pads! Spread the word!

Guys: If you bothered reading this, tell the ladies in your life! :)

Views: 962

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I gotta be honest that emptying it while out and about is something I haven't done often.  It's fine at home when it's just my husband around, at the most.  But I'd cringe if someone saw me rinsing it out in a sink.

I didn't think it through the first time I changed it and I was in a mall. I took it out in a toilet cubicle and then I had to figure out how to rinse it.  It was too crowded in the bathroom for me to even consider using a wash basin.  So I had to flush the toilet, catch the fresh water filling the toilet in the cup, rinse it fast and then wait for the cistern to fill again so I could flush the barely pink water.  I just change it at home or in a 1 person public toilet now.  Wearing it for 8 hours+ hasn't caused me any problems unless it's a heavy flow month and my cup runneth over.  *grin*

This is probably TMI but the other day I was fooling around with my partner and went to the bathroom to remove my Lady Cup (like the Diva Cup but all around better) before we had sex. I was a little shocked to discover it was gone! Apparently I had taken it out in the morning and just completely forgotten. So, yeah, it really is that comfortable that you completely forget you are wearing or can't really tell if it is there or not. 

how is it taking it out? I have a Luna one and it's momentarily uncomfortable when i remove it. . . (probably tmi from me too ;o)

It is much easier because the Lady Cup is more flexible than the Moon Cup or Diva Cup seem to be...also I noticed most of the instructions seem to indicate the cup should be pulled out fully open? Yikes. It seems much more comfortable/easier to remove the cup while squatting by breaking the seal at the top with the index finger, folding it (similar to the way it is inserted) around or in half with the thumb and then removing it. 

i don't know if i could refold it while it's in there, but i'll give it a try :o)

if it doesn't work, maybe i'll buy the lady cup and use that instead of the luna  . . but then . . . what do i do with the luna? lol give it to goodwill?

Lol! 

If you have a *really* good girl friend who's not squeamish and broke, you could always boil it for 5 minutes and pass it on.  *grin*  Just don't let it touch the bottom of the pot or it will melt.  If you still have a microwave, boiling it in water would work, too.

Hahhaa nice!! Yeah it's comfy!

Yup, agreed on the comfort factor.  Even more TMI, I forgot that I had it in and wore it for nearly 24 hours once a couple of years after I bought it.  I was really worried about Toxic Shock or an infection but had zero difficulties.

My MoonCup is just under my high speed blender on my favourites list.  And I love that I wouldn't even have to carry it out of the house in case of a fire; I could just tuck it away, so to speak.  *grin*

Haha love that Eva!

Yassss it's wonderful!

Steep learning curve for me.. Lol but changed my life!

Yes! I love my moon cup! It took me a few cycles to get used to, but since I "got" it, it's been awesome!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
1 hour ago
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
23 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Thursday
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Wednesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 10
Jun 6
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
Jun 4
OrganicMark posted a status
"What The Secret Space Force Really Looks Like May Surprise You! 2019-2020 #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XovQZF"
Jun 4
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 3
OrganicMark posted a status
"INSIDERS & EXPERTS: AG BARR IS ABOUT TO DECLASSIFY DOCS THAT IMPLICATE BARRY IN THE SPYING OF TRUMP. #truth #now http://bit.ly/2wyUDyE"
Jun 2
Silvery posted a discussion
Jun 1
Silvery and Windlord are now friends
Jun 1
shaila reddy joined catalyst's group
Jun 1

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service