30 Bananas a Day!

As you know sugar is not good for people with diabetes but is coconut sugar ok or the same as sugar??

Views: 503

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't take my word for it, but I think the main cause of diabetes if fat intake, because it slows down your circulation, which then makes the sugar stay in circulation longer than it should, which then makes you produce more insulin than you should. (but of course whole foods are best)

Ill see if i can find a link about this somewhere! 

Edit: 

here ya go, I think you might like this: http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/25/3/620.full

I know all this but im just asking because my grandfather has diabetes hes 70 years old he wont change his diet.. I want to give him coconut sugar instead of the fake sugar he uses for his tea because he cant take real sugar because of diabetes. So I just want to know is coconut sugar is safe for diabetes?

It depends. If he's 70 I would seek professional advice....

Coconut sugar is effectively the same as sugar cane sugar. so that's a no for a diabetic from my understanding. What is fake sugar? Table sugar comes from sugar cane, its a processed form of the sugarcane plant. 

i assume he means stuff like aspartame.

Yes thats what I meant.. 

what about erythritol??

No, what you want is low glycemic sweets like fruit and to switch out his high fat meals for low fat ones. 

Get him this book from the library: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/62345.Dr_Neal_Barnard_s_Program_...

he doesn know english and he wont listen to me.. I just want to change the aspartame he takes daily because he accepted doing that

i don't know anything about it, but maybe date sugar.. since it's just dried grinded dates.. don't know if that's ok for diabetics or how it reacts to stirring it up in liquid (if it dissolves like regular sugar), never had date sugar..

thank you

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
20 hours ago
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
Sunday
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Now you can't be vegan 'cause... Mineral levels in plants are depleted. LifeRegenerator lacks sense

LifeRegenerator appears on RawKristina's video and repeats what an anti-vegan told me days before... that mineral levels in plant foods have depleted by 85 percent
May 11
Valentin Otto is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service