30 Bananas a Day!

I have a question. My blood sugar levels have been dropping really fast on 100% LFRV.

I am still taking my medicine but only once a day now. Does anyone have experience with being diabetic and getting healthy on LFRV? What should I be expecting/

Views: 521

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Marci,

Congrats on the results.  I was in the pre stages having readings around 100-105.  Post 811 I am a perfect 72:)

Not sure if you are type 1 or type 2.  In many cases, type 2 will disappear on 811 lfrv because the intake of overt fats is reduced allowing the body to properly assimulate carbs and use insulin.

Type 1 may or may not be able to go off insulin depeding on how damaged the pancreas might be.  However, our type ones also can reduce their blood sugar and or insulin intake.

This discussion is interesting:

Long term bloodsugar for a diabetic :D

Peace, PK

Yes I do. I am type 2 diabetes. Low fat Vegan, not just raw, will plummet blood sugar right into the normal range in 'many' type 2 diabetics. Watch very closely if you are on medication and communicate with your doctor. Watch out for signs of Hypoglycemia.

Also, if you are on blood pressure medication, check it frequently. It tends to drop too.

when you cheat, esp more often than not, blood sugar sky rockets. I call myself a recovering diabetic. I don't believe I will ever be cured where I can eat just anything. As long as I stay low fat vegan or raw...I'm good. I take my blood sugar at least once a week now that it runs in the 70s and 80s. I am on no medications. I will never turn my back on it.

congratulations! I celebrate for you!!!

Work with your doctor getting off your meds. Dont be surprised when your doctor dont give a hoot. ;)

If they are worthy of an amazon.com gift, get em a copy of this one.

lf your Doctor doesn't give a hoot, fire him or her and find someone who does. Mine was thrilled. He actually bought the book Durian Rider is showing by Doctor Neal Barnard.

As a side note, I gave this book to my Dad, a type 2 diabetic of over 20 years. It dropped his blood sugar below 200 for the first time in years!

It took about three months following Neal Barnard's diet for him. .

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconLeeanne and Eva joined 30 Bananas a Day!
10 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"CNN Lays Off Staffers After Massive Ratings Drop #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2EsDsDd"
10 hours ago
Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
May 20
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service