30 Bananas a Day!

Hello,

I'll try to keep this short - I've never had a cavity or any issues with my teeth. I started a fruit heavy, raw til 4 diet in july 2013. In january 2014 I started having some sensitivity and pain along the gum line of one of my teeth (the one just to the left of my top left "canine tooth"). It is sensitive to temperature and touch - I can only drink liquids at lukewarm/room temp and I have to be EXTREMELY careful when brushing and flossing or it will send pain shooting up my face.

So in february i went to the dentist and he said the sensitivity could be caused by eating a lot of acidic foods, such as some fruits. He told me to wait and see if it would go away over time. 

Fast forward to now, the same tooth is still super sensitive, and the past couple weeks it's started aching, like I can feel it all the time instead of just when I accidentally brush over it, or whatever.

It seems like its just getting worse and I'm really concerned. I brush daily, very gentle, before bed with toms of maine toothpaste, and in the morning I sometimes do a quick once-over with just water. I floss almost every day, sometimes I miss a day. I rinse my mouth with water and swish it around my teeth every time after I eat.

It looks like the gumline around this tooth is kind of inflamed/swollen, and it scares me that this will happen to all my teeth eventually, because my gums are starting to get that same inflamed look on the other side of mymouth too.

Any advice/tips/guesses what's causing it? How often do you brush, what products do you use? Have you experienced any issues since switching to raw til 4? 

Obviously, I should go to a dentist soon, but I don't have dental insurance right now.

Views: 1266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have kind of the same problem. My left canine tooth hurts when I floss on the inside of it, and my other canine is starting to hurt too. I noticed my gums have receded some, and a little enamel has eroded on my top front teeth. Also my teeth are slightly discoloured (yellow/brown) near the gums. I definitely think it may have to do with unripe fruit and not enough greens. I doubt it's calcium, at least for me, because I ate two yellow bell peppers a day for two weeks with no difference. I already get between 500-1000 grams of calcium a day though. My dentist said the enamel erosion was caused by too harsh brushing, so I use the softest toothbrushes I can get.

Just as Adam above, my teeth have more problem with cooked food. They get more coarse. They also get coarse from date smoothies and darker lettuces (romaine (I think), spinach) (not iceberg). "Brushing" with greens instead of toothbrush seems interesting though, doesn't hurt to try :P

Another thing that's important for dental health is nose breathing as opposed to mouth breathing. I don't know about you but I have been a moth breather and I believe that can be the cause of my dental problems as well as other problems. It's important to breathe through the nose all day and night. Try to find out if you breathe through your nose at night or not. Mouth breathing makes the mouth dry which is not good for the teeth.

Kale is not high in oxalates, I would recommend it, lots of calcium and vit. k, in your situation might be worth to add to your diet.
If you have sensitive teeth I wouldn't recommend acid fruits , like oranges, lemon, strawberries etc.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
Sunday
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Now you can't be vegan 'cause... Mineral levels in plants are depleted. LifeRegenerator lacks sense

LifeRegenerator appears on RawKristina's video and repeats what an anti-vegan told me days before... that mineral levels in plant foods have depleted by 85 percent
May 11
Valentin Otto is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service