30 Bananas a Day!

Hi All!

Just grateful for this site, and for those who inspire by sharing their stories, tips, and advice.

Today is day 30 for me, and I know I haven't done 80-10-10 perfectly but I will strive to do better.

The reason I know I need to do better is that I've been pretty tired for the last week. I thought it was because of "that time of the month", as I felt "PMS-ey" since last Monday and I didn't actually start till yesterday (Sunday).

In the last 30 days, I've had a tendency to not quite get enough carbs.. or water.. and then I eat a little higher in fat which also includes an even higher fat and salty meal once a week from a raw vegan restaurant. I used to eat out almost every day before starting this lifestyle! Not to mention I would have a drink nearly every day, oh.. and coffee too. So at least I know I'm doing so much better than before. Another big accomplishment is not eating animal products. So despite knowing where I need to improve, I need to make sure to keep giving myself credit for the improvements I have made! 

One more thing is I haven't started exercising yet! I'm hoping to get a membership at 24hr fitness soon so I can go work out after I get out of school at night. Even if it's just a half hour!

Ok.. so if anyone has anything they'd like to share about their experience with transitioning into this lifestyle.. please do! :)

Views: 182

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I first started I had the usual tons of energy thing.  I was flying high for like 3 weeks.  Then my body got used to having lots more calories and nutrients.  The high energy became normal and I thought I was tired, but I wasn't.  I start doing more things, more exercise, more thinking, more everything.  Now I just have lots of energy and it's pretty cool.

Also don't beat yourself up over slip ups, all you can do is learn from them, it can always be positive.  Keep picturing where you want to be and go to that, then the next.

Nice job Heather, your body loves you now!

while Tyson's right and you shouldn't beat yourself up over slip-ups, they will always hold you back. At least they did for me in the beginning.

I find it's so much harder to do this with a few cheats and slip-ups than go all in, 100%.

When I would allow myself something else every few months, the cravings were driving me insane. When I went 100% it all 'fell into place'.

Thanks!

if i make it through the transitioning phase, i'll let ya know. i

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
19 hours ago
ednshell posted a discussion
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"The Ugly Truth About Deutsche Bank's Stock Chart #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XpbXVK"
Thursday
ednshell replied to allie's discussion Facial brushing damage?
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
Tuesday
allie posted a discussion
Tuesday
allie posted a photo
Tuesday
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Jun 18
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 18
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
Jun 17
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 17
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Jun 14
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Jun 13
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 13
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13
Jun 10

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service