30 Bananas a Day!

Anyone able to offer me a hand in discerning the difference between the dates DR talks about (medjools etc.) and Chinese dates aka jujubes? Are they a related fruit or only by name? Also another question...Is there anyone from Taiwan here? If so, or u just happen to know, what are Taiwanese honey dates? I'm struggling to find a definitive answer on the streets, I cant tell if it is a fruit, or just a processed jujube. Thanks in advance for any help.

Views: 8413

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Id say anything from China is gonna be pretty heavily sprayed unless you can get it from a sound source.

Ive had chinese dates and they feel lighter in cals individually cos they are lighter but per kg they might be around the same cals.

I've been living in China for the past two years and I can tell you jujubes have nothing to do with dates.. They come from a completely different tree! :)

I used to eat jujubes in Italy all the time event thought are a lot different, smaller and we eat them fresh, unlike Chinese who eat them only dried.. Anyways I never thought they were even similar to the north African dates I ate at the time.. 

Anyhow now that I'm in China I can't find any dates (the real ones, from palms) and every store I go to they just want to sell jujubes which I'm not crazy for over here.. especially since they're all dried

Cheers 

Attachments:

Yep, even the taste is a lot like although not many people eat them raw in China

they taste way better than apples imho. and they are not sub acid but sweet  

i got tons of jujube trees they are not really dates they are like a little pear that is in the sweet fruit family . when they dry they kind of look like a date.. but red. 

if you get them fresh they are 10x better but don't get in stores as those are not ripe you want them ripe off a tree fresh

never heard of them, what kind of weather do they like?

high altitude short season

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Tuesday
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
Monday
Kelly's photo was featured
Monday
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Now you can't be vegan 'cause... Mineral levels in plants are depleted. LifeRegenerator lacks sense

LifeRegenerator appears on RawKristina's video and repeats what an anti-vegan told me days before... that mineral levels in plant foods have depleted by 85 percent
May 11
Valentin Otto is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 11
OrganicMark posted a status
"PRESIDENT TRUMP & FREEDOM FIGHTERS TARGETED & BLACKLISTED #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2Hamvzj"
May 8
OrganicMark posted a status
"Q - We Are The Plan #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2vEHbIP"
May 7
ednshell posted a video

MEASLES FOR DUMBIES

Multistreaming with https://restream.io/ MEASLES FOR DUMBIES! THE HIGHWIRE BRINGS AN ULTIMATE STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO IDENTIFYING, UNDERSTANDING, AND REFUTING ...
May 7
Stewart is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 7
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 6

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service