30 Bananas a Day!

DANGER: S.510 passed by senate, DO NOT allow house to vote yes!!!!

S.510 Food Safety Modernization Act:
“If accepted [S 510] would preclude the public’s right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes.  It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one’s choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God.”  ~Dr. Shiv Chopra, Canada Health whistleblower

Michael Taylor from Monsanto appears to have helped designed this bill and is waiting as an appointed Food Czar to the FDA to administer the agency that would be created if this bill to pass without judicial review. Monsanto would have unlimited power over all US seed, food, supplements, and farming if this bill passes.

-Would not allow storage of seed unless $1.5 million seed storage facility is build
-Organic farming would not exist as farms would have to use dangerous chemicals as appointed by central regulatory system
-End US Sovereignty over its own food supply by insisting on compliance with the WTO.
-Legislation is extremely broad with use of terms and allows for rules and regulations to be written after S.510 is put into Act
-Against the law to grow food without permits, including backyard gardening.
-Livestock must be fed anti-biotics.
-Pesticides, antibiotics, hormones, slaughter house waste, and GMOs would be mandated by the government
-Will not allow composting and/or vermiculture do to possible "biological contamination"
-Permits the use of veterinary drugs, hormones, herbicides, and pesticides are known to be extremely high and dangerous levels.
-Imposes Codex Alimentarius on the US
-US farms and US food industries will be under Homeland Security and Department of Defense in the event of a contamination.
-Under Maritime Law, the government may define the introduction of any food (including grown by plants within US) as smuggling into the US.
-It includes NAIS(an animal traceability program), which may allow mass slaughter of animals without proof of disease.
-It extends a HACCP to all food (HACCP eliminated thousand of local meat processors with no history of contamination and centralized meat into the control of WTO)
-It may deconstruct what is left of the American economy, some sources say.

What can we the people do to help prevent this?
We can start by immediately contacting our representatives and telling them that we do not want for this to pass. Choose from below:

Call your representative: (https://writerep.house.gov/htbin/wrep_findrep)

Take action now:(http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/568/p/dia/action/public/?actio...  

Email your representative: (https://writerep.house.gov/htbin/wrep_findrep)
(Copy and paste this quick email or write your own)

Are you aware that on 11.30.10 the US Senate  approved S.510, the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act  (which may also be known as the fake "food safety" bill), which Sen. Coburn may have said will raise food prices; add $1.5 billion to deficit; add unfunded state mandates. Are you also not aware that the S.510 may not increase the peoples food safety at all?

Is it not true that now is the time that the House leadership will now try to force this bill through the House? May you please join and lead the effort to stop S.510 or any substitute?

Are you familiar that  the US Senate may have illegally passed the S.510 in violation of the House's Constitutional authority to originate all spending bills. Should not the house reject this bill?

Has it been known to you that along with both major Tea Party groups, many family farmers and ranchers, gardeners, health and food freedom advocates, and over a million emails to the Senate, I oppose this bill that may be hazardous to the health and livelihood of, but not limited to, the listed above?

May you put a hold on this bill or vote no until thoroughly reading through every section of the S.510 and doing adequate research that will result in actual protection of the people?

If you have a moment may you please read the below information that has been outlined with information that may be considered as the truth?
-Would not allow storage of seed unless $1.5 million seed storage facility is build
-Organic farming would not exist as farms would have to use dangerous chemicals as appointed by central regulatory system
-End US Sovereignty over its own food supply by insisting on compliance with the WTO.
-Legislation is extremely broad with use of terms and allows for rules and regulations to be written after S.510 is put into Act
-Against the law to grow food without permits, including backyard gardening.
-Livestock must be fed anti-biotics.
-Pesticides, antibiotics, hormones, slaughter house waste, and GMOs would be mandated by the government
-Will not allow composting and/or vermiculture do to possible "biological contamination"
-Permits the use of veterinary drugs, hormones, herbicides, and pesticides are known to be extremely high and dangerous levels.
-Imposes Codex Alimentarius on the US
-US farms and US food industries will be under Homeland Security and Department of Defense in the event of a contamination.
-Under Maritime Law, the government may define the introduction of any food (including grown by plants within US) as smuggling into the US.
-It includes NAIS(an animal traceability program), which may allow mass slaughter of animals without proof of disease.
-It extends a HACCP to all food (HACCP eliminated thousand of local meat processors with no history of contamination and centralized meat into the control of WTO)

May you please listen to the people and vote NO?   

Please take a moment to read the information above. Half of the information is an pre-written email you could copy and paste to your representative, making it really simple for you to make a difference.

ACT NOW!

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Right on! Brotha!

Go to bottom and fill in form letter to US Senators, etc.
There is a very sinister side to this particular legislation, and it is not a necessary evil, it is just evil.

This bill criminalizes access to foods and supplements that free adults ought have the right to buy and sell legally.

It favors huge producers over small local sources of supply, a very bad idea for "survivability" in times of climatic disruptions or energy interruptions. All politics is local.

Do not support making us more vulnerable!

TELL THE SENATE: DON'T ACCEPT THIS SNEAKY AMENDMENT PROCEDURE...
STRIP S.510 FROM THE C.R. or Omnibus Bill

http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/568/p/dia/action/public/?actio...

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty..."

Important!

BUMP

wtf is this for real? i'm from Canada, but i haven't even heard of this... seriously?!

Many Americans haven't heard of it either!  Funny how the main stream news reporters haven't done a report on it.

I am on a few lists having to do with health and pesticides and organics, so fortunately they have their ear to the ground so to speak, i.e. have people keeping tabs on what is going on in the government.

Who is your Rep.?

Charlie Wilson?  Wasn't there  a movie based upon him called, 'Charlie Wilson's War'?  LOL!

Well my Rep. is Todd Akin, voted with Bush more than any other Rep. in congress, and he is one of a handful of hold outs keeping the, 'School Of The Americas' open.  But at least I can still write him.  I have thought about stopping by his office which is close by.  Maybe your Rep. office is close by, might be quicker and more effective than a letter.  My friend regularly visits his Rep. Carnahan and has actually influenced the way he has voted on some bills.

Good work contacting the others though! :)   

"The People United Will Never be Defeated"

Jason,

WOW!

I am going to research this a little more. Department of Homeland Security, now that is scary stuff.  Peeps who violate their rules can and are ruled combatants and terrorists.

In Peace, I hope, PK

I asked my husband to research S-510 and here's what he sent me on this bill. What's your take on this?

The bill deals with safety, cleanliness, and importing of commercially produced food. There is nothing in the bill that makes it illegal to grow, share, trade or sell food from your garden.

The passage of this bill would create a Food Safety Administration under the Department of Health and Human Services in order to prevent and reduce food-borne illness by regulating how food products are treated to rid them of contamination.
Nothing in the bill even mentions homegrown food produced here in the states.

I did a search, within the summary, for the words Monsanto, organic, garden and farmers market, but no matches found.

Here is the Snopes Hoax link:  http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/organic.asp

Facts from the congresswoman's website: http://delauro.house.gov/files/HR875_Myths_Facts1.pdf

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"US Existing Home Sales Slump For 13th Straight Month #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2UPQZyH"
8 hours ago
Stephen James's photo was featured
9 hours ago
Profile Iconnarinder singh, Steve99 and Akira joined 30 Bananas a Day!
9 hours ago
Windlord's 2 photos were featured
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
ednshell commented on Ben Trovato's video
yesterday
Rock commented on Jacob Hafer's blog post ATTENTION: Potential Partner Fruitarian Females Please See
Saturday
Rock replied to Reese's discussion Can you still have detox symptoms eating 50% raw and 50% sad
Saturday
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion The Gender Knot, veganism, and liberalism.
Saturday
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Acupuncture and chiropractic on animals is pseudo-science animal cruelty.
Saturday
Rock replied to Silvery's discussion What are good techniques in not letting the bananas over ripe?
Saturday
Charlie joined gmb's group
Friday
Andreea is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
"Where Is Inflation Hiding? In Asset Prices! #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2VSkM6E"
Thursday
"World Trade Suffers Biggest Collapse Since Financial Crisis #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2vajA2w"
Wednesday
"Banks Prepare to Take Your Money ⚠️ Bail-ins Exposed, Economic Collapse Update #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2UA4Ucg"
Wednesday

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service