30 Bananas a Day!

Hello fellow high carb fruit bats!

I need some help. I have been following the 90/5/5 high fruit, raw till 4 route for about three months.

I am not concerned about weight loss, but am seeking the longterm health and vitality. Recently, I have developed serious, itchy, flaky dandruff and perpetually dry skin all over. I love love love how I feel on this lifestyle, and am curious if my dryness could simply be related to extended detox symptoms.

Here are the facts:

1) I might need to up my calories and drink more water. I currently hover around 2200 cals per day, raw till 4, and I drink 2 liters of water per day.

2) I sleep 9 hours per night consistently.

3) I do light exercise three times per week. I am planning to increase intensity as I heal from a past of calorie restriciton, binge-eating on SAD vegetarian food, laxative use and over-exercising.

4) Is it possible to avoid overt fats longterm without the side effects of this dandruff/dryness? I just feel so great overt-free, but I understand maybe it is not sustainable?

5) I was no-poo for a while after years of using standard shampoo. Unfortunately, the dandruff has gotten so bad recently I have started using a more serious (read: toxic/chemicals!!) dandruff shampoo. I know that if my diet is all squared away, I should not need the heavy duty dandruff shampoo--but I feel like PigPen up in here with all my flakes, guys!

6) I am 5'6", 129 pounds, 29 years old, so I know I will lose some of that pudge (it's not muscle right now, folks!) over the next handful of years. I am NOT concerned about weight loss, just health and vitality.

7) Seriously--what overt fats do you eat and how often? I am just curious what works for others.

Any words of wisdom at this point would be greatly appreciated. I have been a silent snooper on this site for months, wondering when I would encounter an issue within myself solid enough to ask for help. Well, here it is!

Lots of love to all,

drunksprout

Views: 736

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been thinking that cooked food like potatoes don't contain enough essential fats.

If you eat grains you get plenty of omega 6 but omega 3 can be low, which I think is a very bad place to be in.

100% raw=lots of fruits and greens=perfect amount of EFA's

I eat a lot of cooked food and have been adding a little bit of fat with improvements as a result.

Sweet potatoes are the only cooked food I can confidently recommend to anyone. Other cooked food is dehydrating.

Hydration is such a simple/complex issue. Do your best!

With love

Hi Brad, Thank you so much for your response. I am very thankful to hear that you have had better luck adding fat in with your cooked foods.

As usual, the answer is almost always add fruit!

I have to remember I have only been doing this for three months, so I am still in teh ugly duckling phase it seems!!

Thank you again so much!

Athena

Oh did I forget my sweet potato plug? I couldn't have! :-P

"1) I might need to up my calories and drink more water. I currently hover around 2200 cals per day, raw till 4, and I drink 2 liters of water per day."

Yes and yes. CV is dehydrating, so you need to up your water even more so than you would if fully RV.

That's what I have been assuming! Thank you so much, Spiffy!

Thank you so much, Sabine, for your response. I can tell I have been tip-toeing around on 811 the past few months and really need to increase calories and water (especially as I am raw till 4).

It's hard sometimes when you're doing everything in the name of longterm health and then end up feeling like a leper/scaly troll! HA!

I love all the food, so no complaints here!

Thank you again--I am going to try the veg glycerine, too.

Cheers!

Athena

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"$5 Trillion Wiped Out From World Stocks Amid Fastest Collapse In History #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2vfwccz"
16 hours ago
Paul replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
Wednesday
Silvery posted a discussion
Wednesday
Silvery replied to Rock's discussion This site...
Tuesday
BananaStatesofMurica! RAW OR DIE replied to Rock's discussion This site...
Tuesday
Profile IconJan and Zahra joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 22
ednshell posted a discussion
Feb 18
"A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2uRCmzd"
Feb 18
Rock posted a discussion
Feb 17
"Coronavirus EXPOSED By Del Bigtree - What You Are NOT Being Told! #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health http://j.mp/2SMEe4c"
Feb 17
ednshell posted a video

Even Smart Doctors Can Say the Stupidest Things

In other words, share what you KNOW not what you THINK! I address this issue in my book Goodbye Autoimmune Disease - how all the arguments against my smoothi...
Feb 15
Abbigayle is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 15
Profile IconCharlie Bullock and gunel ismayilova joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 13
Calico Pete left a comment for Angela Hogan
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Calico Pete
Feb 10
Angela Hogan posted a status
"Eating a banana."
Feb 10

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service