30 Bananas a Day!

Daily routines for self love and personal growth

I'm curious about what kinds of routines you all do, besides nutrition and exercise, for self love and personal growth. 

I've been tweaking my routines for the last couple years trying to find the things that feel the best to me. 

When I wake up in the morning I touch my lotus tattoo and say, "May I live like the lotus, at ease in muddy water" 

Then I choose a chakra to open for the day and I use essential oils that correspond while doing 10ish minutes of yoga focusing on that chakra. After yoga, I set an intention for the day in my intention journal. Today my intention is to accept myself without judgment. 

On my break at work, I take 3 deep breaths and I say this to myself, "I am a beloved of the universe. I am as beautiful as the sunrise and as ancient as the stars. I am a spark of divine love in human form. Through me, goodness and light flow into the world." 

Then on lunch break I have a gratitude journal. I write one thing I'm grateful for and 5 reasons why. 

Before bed, I read a chapter that speaks to me everyday for 30 days. Right now I'm reading the chapter "no coming, no going" from thich naht hanh's book "Fear" and then I write one sentence in my journal about something I learned from the day. 

What kinds of things work for you? 

Views: 121

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great topic Kris! :)

I practice Vipassana meditation, an hour morning and evening.  (There is actually a center in Rockford, pretty close to Dekalb).

I visit my home on the web, 30BaD most days, several times a day- makes me feel like I live in a vegan world. :)

I read something related to health and something related to living a basic moral life most every day.  I just read Thich Nhat Hanh's The Novice!  Wow!  I absolutely loved it!

I regularly watch documentaries about the environment and social justice.  I run into many people that say "my shoulders cannot bear to know these kinds of things", or "that stuff freaks me out", but for me, I can sense  there is something very wrong in so many areas, so when I find out the why, when and where details, it makes me feel so much better. 

love your comment about 30bad, I feel the same way.  It's a sanctuary!

Amen! :)

The title of your post made me think that you should write an ebook on this topic!!!!

I am a busy busy mama and sometimes really need to focus on carving out time but I always find a few moments for gratitude, just thinking of 10 thinks to be thankful for, ususally I'll start and just keep going and going, there is so much.

I also do 10 moon poses each night before bed and try during the day to "breathe".

I like your idea for reading and writing something  you learned.  One of my favorite things I'm grateful for is know how to read.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion What are some vitamins you recommend?
3 hours ago
Profile IconStephen Leonard Bub and Carolin joined 30 Bananas a Day!
3 hours ago
ednshell replied to ednshell's discussion Top German Scientist questions COVID19 response in open letter to Merkel
3 hours ago
ednshell posted a discussion
3 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"DUD PARTS Coronavirus testing delayed after kits found to be contaminated by Covid-19 #NoVaccine #organic #fruits https://j.mp/3aDW0ye"
Thursday
Samantha Marie Alvarez left a comment for Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid
Wednesday
Samantha Marie Alvarez and Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid are now friends
Wednesday
Meurig Rowlands is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Samantha Marie Alvarez posted a discussion
Wednesday
Mika M is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
"Bahrain, Belgium Report COVID-19 Treatment Touted By Trump Working For Patients #organic #fruits #vegetables #health https://j.mp/39p6zno"
Mar 27
Cassie K and DreamsofFreedom are now friends
Mar 27
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Gardening for food and fun.
Mar 27
Sarah Troyer and Kevin are now friends
Mar 20
"Visualizing The History Of Pandemics... By Death Toll #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity http://j.mp/2x0ghPI"
Mar 18
ednshell commented on OrganicMark's status
Mar 16

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service