30 Bananas a Day!

Hello everyone. 

Today I would pose a question to you all on your thoughts on this diet and if it can cure kidney disease. 
My mother has it. Her two brothers have it. She went in for dialisys today and she said it was horrible. It was her first day. He almost cried. I felt so weak and almost did too... Her diet is so poor and detrimental to her well being, that at 53 she's on the verge of death. I want her to live healthy... But she has medicines to stop her from absorbing potassium. I don't understand... Why the hell would a doctor prescribe potassium blockers? Potassium is for well being!

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Views: 715

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is what I know...kidneys are responsible for removing excess potassium from the blood. Diseased kidneys will not be able to do that well, which results in too much potassium in the blood. Our hearts are regulated by potassium, along with other things. So, I am sure they checked her levels and found them too high, which could potentially cause heart and other nervous system issues.

I've been interested in this subject as well, though I haven't really been able to find any information as to wether 801010 is good for someone with kidney disease or not. My Dad also has kidney disease, and he too takes potassium blockers. The really irritating part is they tell him to eat lots and lots of meat, which is of course a big contributer of kidney disease in the first place. (at least they did while he was on peritoneal, I'm not sure if they still recommend it since he's switched to hemo)
I'm very sorry about your Mom and your Uncles; I know it's tough because I've seen my Dad deal with it for five years now.

ONe of the reasons why you would want to eat a fruit diet is that it is low in phosphorous. Chronic Kidney Disease has trouble with phosphorous and doctors recommend 800-1,000 milligrams of phosphorous daily as the max intake. 

Grains are very high in phosphorous at least around 1 mg P for every calorie (if it is a whole grain) so you can imagine if a 2,000 calorie diet is grain based there will be too much phosphorous. 

Dairy is high too. Just one cup of skim milk has 250 mg P.

The excess potassium may be a problem even from fruits, in my estimate. Fortunately, there are certain fruits that contain less potassium as well.

Here's the other part though, kidney disease tends to come from diabetes. So if you can reverse the diabetes you may be able to reverse the kidney disease too.

If you want to help out your loved one perhaps you can take cronometer and input their diets and show them other options and show how they can meet their requirements a lot better.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"URGENT Message to the President #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XtuLDb"
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
ednshell posted a discussion
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"The Ugly Truth About Deutsche Bank's Stock Chart #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XpbXVK"
Thursday
ednshell replied to allie's discussion Facial brushing damage?
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
Jun 19
allie posted a discussion
Jun 19
allie posted a photo
Jun 19
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Jun 18
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 18
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
Jun 17
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 17
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Jun 14
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Jun 13
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 13
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service