30 Bananas a Day!

Struggling with this.

What's your tips, and how do you cope? :) <3 x

Views: 336

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know exactly how you feel its hard. 

By not giving a F**ck. Besides it's not of there business anyways!

Nice one Harold. I guess its hard when you know you offend people you care about. I'm a bit of a newbie so Im sure I will have your attitude at some point.

Facebook actually is a very bad way of pushing the animal rights/eating vegan lifestyle.  It is seem as in the same light as politics, guns, and any other rant that people will eventually block you or make you just annoying to them.  That is not what you want.  If you want to convert people, you need to do it on the personal level and not in groups. They will only attack you in a group because group mob mentality takes over.   You need to plant seeds with people and not throw them under a bus all at once.  You need to live a life that proves that your actions and health reflect your words.  Remember that they grew up in their environment that they did too and were brainwashed that getting meat is part of your tradition and it is also tastes good.  I would start with the health aspects of being vegan first before animal welfare and showing them movies of animal torture.  Remember critics are going attacking you because you set yourself up for it by your approach.  Society is not going to change for you by calling them names.  Instead of posting general posts and videos, just send them to your family and friends that are interested directly to their emails so it is keep personal between you and them.  This prevents them from feeling outed by their family and friends by liking and commenting something positive on that post.  You nor I can save animals from getting slaughtered as we speak no matter how passionate that we want to show the world that we are.  If you come at it from compassion and caring about that person, you are alot more likely to convert them.  Give people time.  We are not going to change the world in 1 day or 1 year.  Talk to people in real life that are sincerely interested.  DOn't waste your time with asses. Converting 1, 2 50 people in your life to becoming vegan would be a great accomplishment and if they do the same, then we will have real change.   Good luck!

Vincent, I needed your response! Thank you so much. Time to get it off social media. Posting meals and accomplishments based on health seems to be the way forward. You hit the nail there about group mentality!!

Thanks again. I am going to refrain from posting such things and like you say keep it related to health.

Hopefully I haven't lost too many mates or family over my actions.

you best move right now is silence on fb.  You have probably ruined your welcome.  WHen you do go back, post about some vegan meal that you had, put the recipe with it if you know it of course.  Talk about how some local restaurant had great food.  That you had a vegan burrito that was so good that even a meat eater would appreciate the taste.  Don't overdo it though.  Maybe once or twice a week.  Keep it positive and upbeat and do the same in real life.  Positive energy rubs off on people.  

Thanks Vincent, yes upbeat sounds like the way to go. I just hope I haven't damaged relationships that mean something to me. :(

I did post a mac n cheese pics and recipe the other day (not very high raw vegan I know ;)), and got lots of likes!

My mother in law and a few close family members have taken the most offence to my posts. I REAAALLY hope I can win them back, and they dont think Im some arrogant twat.

They will become curious and maybe give it a try.  One great experience will lead to another and so on.

use NVC and talk about the importance of no shame and no blame , break out the circle of life wheel

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"WHISTLEBLOWER GOES PUBLIC W/ NEW DETAILS OF FBI PLOT. SAYS HE GAVE BARR NAMES/DETAILS BACK IN APRIL! #truth #light #now http://j.mp/2zh63bH"
22 minutes ago
Frugisaurus replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Wednesday
Frugisaurus's photo was featured
Tuesday
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
Tuesday
ednshell posted a video

Why Smoothies are the Solution to Nourishment

From a live phone wellness consultation. I was coaching my client on how to get his greens and omega-3s in (flax oil because of sensitivity to seeds). While ...
Tuesday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Tuesday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Tuesday
""I See No Future Here": Migration To Taiwan Surges 28% As Hong Kong Residents Flee #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31RVJTO"
Tuesday
Blue Coutell is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Tuesday
"Chinese Social Credit Score Prevents 2.5 Million "Discredited Entities" From Buying Plane Tickets #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30tZWNf"
Tuesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 19
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
Aug 18
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Aug 17
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Aug 12
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service