30 Bananas a Day!

Alright, as some of you may know by reading my blogs, my mom wont let me have ripening banana boxes in my house, and for the past couple of days she says she will bring home bananas every day for me to eat from the store. of course, they are NEVER ripe when you get them from the supermarket (i even called 4 today and none of them had ripe bananas).  i have been eating unripe bananas for a few days now, and i do not feel well because of it. all ive been doing is fighting with my parents because im stressing how bad it is for me to have unripe fruit and i feel sick and it makes my tongue feel weird and numb when i eat them.  my mom insists the pure yellow bananas with green even at the tops are yellow and tasted one today and said "thats ripe. maybe you feel sick and are having an allergic reaction from eating all of the bananas."  I have no car until thursday.  no way of going to buy fruit for myself.  do i have to resort to cooked food to eat something? i have nothing at my house as of right now for me to eat. no fruit, my mom is only buying fruit to get me through the day.  i feel so stressed, nauseus, angry, i cant stop getting mad, i feel dizzy and with a migraine. its like my mom is purposefully trying to make me feel sick to get me to stop eating this way.  i felt amazing the first couple days on this, read my blog! then this ripe fruit is making me feel atrocious.  i havent given up, no matter how much s*** my mom has given me about eating this way. the only reason my family is acting this way is because they are SAD eaters and are miserable and moody.  it is starting to rub off on me and i cant handle it.  i wont have a car until thursday, mine died on the highway on the 9th of august. i have been car-less since then. this is another reason why i dont have any fruit.

Should  resort to eating cooked food until i can buy a box of bananas and stash them in a duffle bag to ripen? i really feel sick from eating unripe fruit, but i dont want to undo what ive been doing for 9 days now :( :(

Views: 1414

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jennelle, It sounds like a war at your house. Is there anyway you can just sit down with your mom and have a heart to heart talk? Sit down and get her to tell you again...what exactly it is about your diet that she is afraid of. Try to get her to tell you everything about what she is feeling. Maybe she is seeing no more family meals with you ever, in the future. Maybe she feels deep down that the diet is dangerous. Maybe she feels like it is destroying the family. Who knows but her? If you can get her to tell you what is wrong...take notes if you have to, then at least you have something to work with. You can start addressing her concerns. You might have to bend a little, by that I mean that maybe when the family is eating Turkey, you are willing to sit at the same table and eat a wonderful salad and fruit. Peace is a wonderful thing. Also, getting cooperation from your mom will go a long way towards being able keep the right foods in the house. I would not worry about changing her, just about working a solution that you can both live with. My mom and dad are in their 70s. I sit down and eat with them at least once a week. I eat my food, they eat theirs. I even help them prepare their meals. They actually help me with mine. They both eat more fruit than before. I have 4 of my 6 children still living at home. I cook for them. They wash my fruit...and eat a lot of it too. Family is a wonderful thing when it works. It does involve a lot of tolerance from all.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
Sunday
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Now you can't be vegan 'cause... Mineral levels in plants are depleted. LifeRegenerator lacks sense

LifeRegenerator appears on RawKristina's video and repeats what an anti-vegan told me days before... that mineral levels in plant foods have depleted by 85 percent
May 11
Valentin Otto is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service