30 Bananas a Day!

I'm 5 ft 5 and last September, I weighed 126 lbs. Shortly afterward, I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. After I came home, I ate lots of fruit and exercised. I gained the weight back, but then a few extra pounds as well. At this time, the doctors were encouraging lots of nuts, seeds & peanut butter. My weight wasn't going anywhere and I still had flubber all over me. So about 2 months in, I cut down drastically  on fat & amped up my carbs. I was eating lots and lots of cooked brown rice and oatmeal, potatoes, and as much fruit as I could, being under my parents' roof (who won't let me go fruitarian). But all those grains and potatoes were requiring me to take a LOT of insulin in order to process. Probably about 20-30 units per bowl of rice.

Well. Since then, my weight SKYROCKETED to 162 lbs. Just to put that into perspective, that's on the brink of obesity for my height. And no, it was absolutely not muscle. It was definitely fat. You could see it all over my body. I was starting to get a hint of a second chin.

When I went to my last endocrinologist appointment and saw that number, I burst into tears. I don't understand how this could've happened. Why are all you people getting lean as @#$$ eating this way, but everything I eat turns me into a gigantic big fat walrus???? I'm so tired of battling my weight. I've tried eating healthier and healthier for YEARS, and I had been eating tons of carbs and next to no fat for months, hoping, believing that this weight gain was only initial/temporary, that my body was balancing, etc, but it never came back down! With every endo visit, I'd find out I'd gained at least 10 more pounds.

So, terrified of gaining even more fat, I've been starving myself for a month and have lost 16.4 pounds so far. I'm just hoping someone can give me a decent explanation and save me from this hell of being fat. Nothing else is working. This is the first time I've seen the number on the scale go down so much in my entire life.

Just so you know, I had emailed Dr. McDougall earlier, and his advice was everything I had been doing, which is obviously not helping. Also, I've had 2 gluten allergy tests, and both came back negative. Lastly, I don't know if it's the insane amount of insulin I have to take in order to process them, but grains make me feel REALLY sick after I eat them. I can't focus, I have the worst mind fog, and I feel really heavy and downright awful.

Views: 10693

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have type 1 diabetes. It's not reversible. I can't escape it unless I kill myself.

I am glad you are free.

Sergei Boutenko speaks uppon this matter as a type 1 diabetic:

When I was only nine years old, my family doctor diagnosed me with type 1 diabetes and informed my parents that unless I began taking insulin shots immediately, adverse health problems would be imminent. My world crumbled as I dove into self-pity. This was a place where my mind brought me misery and pain. Thoughts such as “why me?” and “what did I do to deserve this?” plagued me without end! No longer was I going to be a normal boy! I was to carry my disability until the day I died, which unfortunately was going to be a lot sooner than I had hoped.

One day, about a month into raw foods, when I was doing a routine blood sugar test, I charted the lowest figures I had observed since my diagnosis. Instead of reading 200 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL), as it had weeks prior, my blood sugar was in the normal range at 85 mg/dL. This excited me very much! Not only was I  experiencing a physical calmness that was impossible when there was too much sugar in my blood stream, but now I  saw actual scientific data showing progress in reversing diabetes. I monitored this phenomenon over the next few weeks and found that while my blood sugar fluctuated at times, overall it was stable and in a normal range. I felt drastically better! This level of health continuously increased until I was getting perfect blood glucose readings every time! For me, this was sure indication that eating a raw plant based diet worked! Moreover, I decided that the positive benefits gained from eating healthfully outweighed the level of discomfort I felt from both the lack of tasty food and peer pressure.

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPPGpVobyNo

I know. He was able to reverse it because he started eating raw while he was still in the honeymoon phase. I'm way past the honeymoon phase with no hope of reversing it because my parents wouldn't listen to me.

Does his program include grains? My body reacts violently toward grains.

Thank you. I will look into this.

Update: I just ordered the book online. I will be getting it by the 31st. I can't wait!

Does he talk about type 1?

You could start selling insulin at the local gym to the bodybuilders as they all take it to increase gains. They all use it. Yeah its dangerous for them to use and illegal to sell but its a big black market industry with insulin.

Its talked about often on all the steroid forums.

http://bodybuilding.elitefitness.com/insulin-most-powerful-drug-mus...

Omg O_O
It doesn't help build muscle though? It would just make them fat! :-x

Hi there!

I really feel with you.

I know you have tryed a lot, but I will ask you to do some things to see if it can help.
1. Eat regularly

2. If you have strength please write down what you eat, in a book, everything. Just approximately ammounts.

3. Eat until you are satisfyed

Fill upp your  meals. For breakfast maybe some oatmeal porridge, or other porridge wich is glutenfree like buckwheat, put in an apple, a half banana, maybe an orange too. That on tastes probably better beside the porridge :)
May you need to eat between meals? Then a whole rye bread with a banana/cucumber/lettice and cinnamon.(If not need to eat between meals you could have that for braekfast too)
If still hungry fill up with vegetables at the meals.

Lunch. Some cooked brown rise/potato and beans or lentils. And a lot of sallads. Or a soup.
Same for dinner, and maybe som fruitsallad as dessert.

Your family have to agree that whole rye and brown rise must be better for you. Please try to eat FIBRES , starch fibres take the sugar slower into your body= less insulin.
And dont forget to drink a lot of water. Cooked food need a lot of water.
It is easier to eat more food than you are  thirsty.

Please dont look at yuor familys small amount, the mabe eat other stuff that you not se. Eat until you are satisfied, chew a lot and dont drink to the meal! Drink 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after.

Fill up ypur plate with greens. Or make a soup.

IF eat carbohydrates it is VERY important to you to NOT eat FAT! You get enough fat for a day from  for exempla oatmeal (2 table soons!!) So cook your food with no oil, and nuts only occasional.

It is TWO ways, the fat way with protein and very little carbohydrates. (Wich gives you  degeratives sickness further on)

OR

Starch carbohydrates and some fruit. Together with lot of vegetables. BUT NO FAT!! The fat makes you sugar rise!

You can cook a big sauce pan  soup, this is something you can eat when hungry. Lots of vegetables and a piece of whole rye  bread with nothing on top-NO BUTTER like peanut or other fat. Some lettice or cucumber.

Just try it on for some days. And exersize as good as you can. Walks!

Best regards to you!

(Yes people use insulin for building muscels, and yes they get muscles AND fat...very dangerous to use insulin for this case)

Please take care. Try to do some yoga if possible. Can halp ypur hormones in your body to stabilize. Hormones, hunger, restless. It also gives you a trained body if you choose ashtanga yoga for example. If not youga just calm down everyday for a while, take care and try to find everything you love in life-this energy can make it turn on right for you.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
23 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
yesterday
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
yesterday
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Monday
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Sunday
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Sunday
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Sunday
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Sunday
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Saturday
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Friday
Rock and Tams are now friends
Friday
Tams posted a discussion
Oct 11
"Powell says the Fed will start expanding its balance sheet ‘soon’ in response to funding issues #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30Zc8ol"
Oct 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service