30 Bananas a Day!

I thought maybe I was getting gassy from dates, and I mean I still think I do but I'm also wondering if I could be getting gas from old blockages, backups or fermentation/gas pockets in my digestive system that are being pushed through by the fruit? Has anyone experienced this? It sounds like it makes sense in theory but would like other opinions. 

Views: 468

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm definitely sticking with it! I trust these people, and I trust the people I've seen with results from sticking long term. I have no doubts that this diet is optimal and there's no way I'd go back to what I was eating before feeling how I do on raw. Substantial difference. I don't think I want to do a fast mostly because I think my body would make it obvious if I needed to do one :) I've always eaten "healthier" choices, so I never started having bad digestion until this past year when I developed a food and salt addiction. Hopefully it'll sort itself out quickly :D

I was really gassy for the first couple of months coming to this lifestyle, make sure your not blending air into your smoothies! Also, grapes make me gassy, and seem to with others, good source of calories though so I slam them in when no one attractive is around (;

Stick with it sweetie :)

how do you stop blending air into your smoothie?

sounds more like poor combination you don't mix dates with anything but other sweet stuff.  or a sub acid

Might your body still just be adjusting to a higher level of fiber intake?

I definitely have had some gassiness off an on since I started this diet- moreso in the beginning. I feel like the faster my bowel transit time the less gas, and the less smelly it is. Eating lots of melons and watery fruits this summer had things moving very well, but now with more bananas and dates things have slowed down a bit. The week before my period is the worst, this month I took some herbal laxatives for a few days, and it helped a lot. Not optimal, I know, but it feels better to have a good movement every day and better energy as a result. I don't know about the detox thing, it's hard to say. I think that gas is probably more about what we are digesting right now, and for how long.

maybe first week or so. Later = bad combinations. It can also mean eating too much or too fast or foods that you are not able to proccess well.

Cruciferous veggies give me gas :(

Try a long stint on high water content fruits then return to your dates and see if you are any better gas-wise.

I would say it is detox because ive been on this diet for a bit more then a month and been eating grapes for 2 weeks and i get gas a lot my intestine are growling but im sure its detox because im seeing a LOT of old mucus in my stool, pounds of em. I'm sure grape give gas because of their good cleansing effect.

I think it is detox, I am never gassy anymore and I've been doing this for 4-5 months so far. In the beginning I was slightly gassy, I'm sure it was because I was blocked up in my colon and also intestinal bacteria has to get used to the food you eat so you won't produce gas. Make sure you are drinking a lot of water with or before dates because they are very dry and absorb water in itself. Your intestines will recover just make sure you are drinking lots of water, 1 quart before every meal and 1 quart when you wake up, also don't do bad food combining. Dates and greens are good, but dates you kind of have to eat alone or with bananas, ex sweet fruit not sub acid or acid.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

ednshell posted a discussion
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2uRCmzd"
yesterday
Rock posted a discussion
Monday
"Coronavirus EXPOSED By Del Bigtree - What You Are NOT Being Told! #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health http://j.mp/2SMEe4c"
Sunday
ednshell posted a video

Even Smart Doctors Can Say the Stupidest Things

In other words, share what you KNOW not what you THINK! I address this issue in my book Goodbye Autoimmune Disease - how all the arguments against my smoothi...
Saturday
Abbigayle is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
Profile IconCharlie Bullock and gunel ismayilova joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 13
Calico Pete left a comment for Angela Hogan
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Calico Pete
Feb 10
Angela Hogan posted a status
"Eating a banana."
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Banana Boy
Feb 10
Profile IconVIDHYAPRAKASH and Banana Boy joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 9
Keshara Alleyne and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Jan 29
Keshara Alleyne is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 25
"Giuliani: I can't sit by and watch my country be sold out by Joe Biden #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/36nb5l4"
Jan 25
Calico Pete is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 23

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service