30 Bananas a Day!

I have noticed that I seem to have no self control when I eat cooked food. If I make a vegan soup, for example, I am not content with 1 or 2 bowls. I can eat an entire pot meant for 4-5 people. I'm also this way with garbanzo beans. I can easily eat 2-3 cans in one sitting. Even after doing that, I could go eat half a watermelon or 2-3 bananas. I don't like when I do this, because I feel physically and mentally unwell. I then obsess about how much I have eaten, and it negatively affects my mood (almost to the point of depression). I don't know why I continue to let this happen, and I just wish I could eat like a normal person. I know this will sound weird, but I actually feel the best, at least mentally, when I am restrictive with my diet. In situations where I eat insufficient Calories, I feel oddly satisfied. I think part of the reason I get upset about eating so much is that my brain feels happy when I limit food. It's not a good mindset, but I can't seem to change it. Can anyone else relate?

Views: 238

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can totally relate. I have the same lack of self control with cooked food, especially the worst stuff like pizza (when I'm not eating raw I'm vegetarian, not vegan). I then feel crappy about having just eaten way too much, but I try to move past those feelings by getting back on track right away and that usually helps me feel much better, both physically and mentally, pretty quickly. Try not to dwell on bad decisions or be too hard on yourself. That's just wasted mental energy. Instead, use the way you feel after those bad decisions as a reason to make better decisions to support your goals. And certainly try not to eat insufficient calories as you say. Listen to your body and eat what you need.

I think most people struggle with food in one way or another.  I would keep trying different approaches and find what works for you. It may be a simple addition of more greens and/or more omega 3 fats that help you meet your nutritional needs better and therefore keep you feeling satisfied.  Thereby making it easier to stay away from or limit the addictive stuff.

Many people describe cooked food as addictive. And certainly the more processed, the more variety, the more interesting and complex we make the foods taste, the more addictive they become.  Our society is not natural nor health supporting- mentally or physically. So it takes work and effort and many trials to find what works.  And what works for you now can change over time.  So hone those patience muscles and keep trying. :)

Best Wishes!

Some resources that I have loved and that I think may be helpful for you:

http://www.veganmedicaldoctor.com/  <This is Dr. Brooke Goldner M.D., sign up for her next live webinar, they are excellent!!!

Oh and for anyone reading this who struggles with cravings for animal products, this talk is truly the best!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Ben Trovato posted a video

A&W Beyond Burger Canada - SOLD OUT

A&W Beyond Burger Canada - SOLD OUT after Launching! The Vegan beyond meat Burger, A&W Veggie Burger was so popular across nearly 1,000 locations in Canada, ...
23 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
Profile IconLisa Wayne and Sky yang joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Sunday
Pasteldreamrosefruitgirl posted discussions
Sep 13
Plant Based Senior posted a video

What I Had For Dinner Last Night in the Vegan Van...

I was having a busy day and ran out of time to spend my usual 60-90 minutes cooking, cleaning and eating in the Vegan Van. This is what I had on hand which t...
Sep 13
Kate posted a status
"So how do people connect here? Did anyone just dive & start eating 30 bananas a day? How did it feel? Positives vs negatives, if any?"
Sep 13
Alabaster is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Sep 12
Doine Rechard is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Sep 10
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sep 10
OrganicMark and Houdini Steve Owens are now friends
Sep 10
OrganicMark posted a status
"Stunning New Briefings: Spy Satellites Down, Deep State Arrests Finally Imminent? #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2wXS60N"
Sep 10
dainis w michel replied to dainis w michel's discussion Can You Help Me Buy An Ethical Belt?
Sep 7
dainis w michel posted a status
"figured i'd stop by, how is everyone?"
Sep 7
OrganicMark posted a status
"Goldman's Bear Market Indicator Shows Crash Dead Ahead, Asks "Should We Be Worried?" #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2wVfADN"
Sep 7
Profile IconKate and vinparkhn joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Sep 5
Houdini Steve Owens posted photos
Sep 5

© 2018   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service