30 Bananas a Day!

So, have any of you ever converted someone to veganism?

If so, how? 

Is anyone on here doing anything to try and get people to go vegan?

I would love to hear about it, I am always trying to think of new ways for people to go vegan!

At the moment I am spreading information on the internet, putting up posters, putting 'warning- this product contains dead animals' stickers on meat in supermarkets etc.

I need inspiration! I have only converted one person so far, that I know of

Views: 413

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I first went vegan I focused a lot on trying to convert people to veganism, but in the end all I did was push people away. Now, I simply focus on being a great example, and have done far better to spread the vegan message than anything I did before. My parents are both vegan now, and I've interested countless friends on how you can eat a vegan/fruit & veg diet. Both my parents also interest a lot of people they meet, and generally they don't even bring up that they are vegan unless the topic of eating out or people ask them how they are working so hard non-stop at their age.

I did a more in-depth article/video on this exact topic if you are interested: Arguments For Veganism – How To Convince Someone To Go Vegan

"Only" one??

That's one human life immeasurably improved, and countless animal lives saved.  If that's all you ever accomplished it would be worth it.  Well done, Coral.

In a media-centric world, videos are powerful.  You have to know your audience, but some great ones are 
Meet Your Meat and Earthlings.

Congrats on converting one person to veganism!

No idea, if I really made a difference in people's lives so far. But I try to. I put vegan magazines and dvds in public bookshelves. From time to time I also bring vegan food to gatherings and exchange recipes when people are interested.

I also donate vegan dog food to animal shelters and companion animal food banks.

I agree with Robert K, just be that example of a great healthy lifestyle and when people ask you for advise on living a healthier lifestyle or how to become vegan help them as best you can.

I haven't really converted anyone..i've inspired people to eat healthier but thats about it. I don't try to push veganism on people because i don't want to be a "preachy vegan" and thats not who i am. I'm a really laid back person haha. If anyone has any questions about my lifestyle i try to educate them about it and answer their question properly. I try to show a good example also. It's awesome you converted a person though!!! :) 

When people see you flourishing on this lifestyle they will want to try it too. It's a matter of doing good things, being happy, and showing off your health to others-make them want to be like you! I've been vegan for years and I've changed many people simply by answering questions, showing them what I eat, and applauding even small changes like vegetarianism! 

WOO GO VEGANS!

I haven't converted anyone yet, but I've been converted. What was it? Freelee and Harley's videos! That's a very powerful way of converting people. Being an example is reallyyyyy good, too.

don't fix people

use empathy give them empathy and attempt to get it.  that works

How does it work in practice? Can you give an example?

Thanks for the answers

The people I speak to in my life are mostly vegans and animal rights type people so leading by example isn't the most effective method for me

I bet people thought that people who campaigned to end slavery or to give women the right to vote were 'preachy'

I think I'll have to set up a Youtube channel or something so I can reach more people :) thanks for the idea!

Those are both great ideas Made, thanks!

I shared some info from "the best speech you will ever hear" with my husband and he totally agreed, his vegan shift is coming quickly :)

My little 7 year old nephew (who comes from a meat eating family) just announced he wants to be a vegetarian! I am so proud :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

ednshell posted a discussion
Tuesday
OrganicMark posted a status
"A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2uRCmzd"
Monday
Rock posted a discussion
Monday
"Coronavirus EXPOSED By Del Bigtree - What You Are NOT Being Told! #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health http://j.mp/2SMEe4c"
Sunday
ednshell posted a video

Even Smart Doctors Can Say the Stupidest Things

In other words, share what you KNOW not what you THINK! I address this issue in my book Goodbye Autoimmune Disease - how all the arguments against my smoothi...
Saturday
Abbigayle is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
Profile IconCharlie Bullock and gunel ismayilova joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 13
Calico Pete left a comment for Angela Hogan
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Calico Pete
Feb 10
Angela Hogan posted a status
"Eating a banana."
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Banana Boy
Feb 10
Profile IconVIDHYAPRAKASH and Banana Boy joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 9
Keshara Alleyne and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Jan 29
Keshara Alleyne is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 25
"Giuliani: I can't sit by and watch my country be sold out by Joe Biden #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/36nb5l4"
Jan 25
Calico Pete is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 23

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service