30 Bananas a Day!

Hi everyone,

So I am babysitting a girl who is 20 months. She is not vegan but I feed her vegan when I am watching her. She doesn't poop for 5 days in a row (which I think it's insane) and poops for two days in a row (huge poops).

I don't give her the very first meal in the morning (breakfast) but I feed her snack in the morning (kiwi,blueberries, strawberries, peaches, and so on), lunch ( steamed broccoli, green beans, black beans, zucchini, veggie burgers, carrots, and so on, and snack ( more fruit) after her nap. Her mother told me today she plans on giving her prune juice in the morning but she is afraid she has a huge poop at night o.O.

I don't really know what to do to keep her regular. Any suggestions are very well appreciated. 

Thanks for your time.

The babysitter.

Views: 1114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

porridge might help

Thanks, that sounds good.

Do you give her water during the time she is in your care?

I do. I know whater is key for colon hidration, but her monther is not vegan and she is not considering going vegan at all. She feed the baby a SAD diet. :(

beans always have made me extremely constipated. and grains as well, only found out after 25 years. maybe it makes this baby constipated as well. 

Oh, Good point. I'll try to skip the brean. Her mom feed her a SAD diet and cheese is what she says the girl loves the most :(

wow... 5 days without a bowl movement? Are you sure? That doesn't sound right... or healthy... I dunno.. maybe yeah, up her water intake and try to get her to eat foods that are vegan and high in fiber and make sure the meals are regular, like every 3 hours... 

Dominick, Yes I am sure she doesn't poop for 5 days. I know people on  SAD diet considet normial pooping once a week and waiting in the bathroom for 30 min until its over. :/

Ya my friend's son at two years old would not poop for a week at a time or even more, her Doc said it was common! :P

it is really horrible i had the same myself. Days till weeks without bowelmovements and then for 2 days i would s*£$% my pants! Cutting out all animal products and beans and grains was the only thing that helped. As long as his mother will give him animal products the baby will suffer.also high oxalate foods are bad for digestion. good luck with the baby, your a good babysitter to care that much. This baby is lucky to have you

Frugisaurus,

I know the feeling. I had constipation issues myself as a child.
Her parents are not vegan and they are not even considering it :(.  

Dear Linda

it breaks my heart to see these peoples egos go before the health of their own child! But maybe they'll listen to a colon proffesional. Backdoorbarbie is one, she has a youtube channel. I think she's a friend of freelee. Maybe they want to check it out. she has a light way of explaining how our colon works not too offensive for meat eaters. 

just try to carb up the baby as much as possible i guess so it will eat less sad. Tell mommy juice is a bad idea for someone with constipation. You need fiber, unless she makes the juice herself and put back the fiber in it, it will not help. (ripe)Banana smoothie with plenty of water is agreat start of the day, always gets my disgestion going. But this could also be banana/prune juice smoothie of course :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconDarren Newman, Makayla, Jaime Huxley Leary and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
1 hour ago
Peter posted a status
"First roller of 2020,didn't get any last year ,had a frost and I cut them back hard,then worst drought. can't remember them being so sweet."
yesterday
Peter posted photos
yesterday
Peter posted a status
"Could help.that should read."
yesterday
Peter posted a status
"I can't remember how to post a photo if anyone couldchelp?tia"
yesterday
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
Sunday
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
Sunday
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
Sunday
Laura Kuchy commented on Tiff Hawkins's blog post Too Exciting
Friday
Profile IconLaura Kuchy and Peter H joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 21
Raw Mormon Mommy posted a status
"How do I edit my profile?"
May 20
OrganicMark posted a status
"OBAMAGATE 1: CRIME OF THE CENTURY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2WVPNbe"
May 19
Profile IconSuzanne, SunBeaming, Rhonda Miga and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
"PlanDemic - Banned Documentary #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://bit.ly/2xJvrK0"
May 15
"What They Don’t Want You To Know About Covid-19. Dropping Bombs (Ep 264) Dr. Rashid Buttar #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2T4hGwE"
May 15
"COVID-19 documentary by Janet Ossebaard | Part 4 #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/35Q1zYN"
May 12

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service