30 Bananas a Day!

This lifestyle is still very new for me but honestly, I don't see myself ever turning back!  After really looking into, not only the health benefits, but also the treatment/processing of our "meat"... I'm all set with that and its full fruit forward!

Everything is going great!  Everything except this internal struggle I have going on.  You see I'm a chef, have been for 15 years.  A very S.A.D. chef.  I now feel sick to my stomach feeding this food to people and even children!  I don't even want to taste the food I have to put out (not good in my profession).

On top of that, I'm currently in the process of opening a restaurant with a small group of people.  It's going to be a healthier option to fast food, but still have all the fast food/american favorites.  The kicker.... our prime market is families with children. 

Going HCRV was literally an overnight flip of the switch for me.  I now feel like I'd be a hypocrite eating HCRV and then cooking up a fat piece of rotting flesh for someone else.  Ultimately adding to the problem. 

4 weeks ago I wanted this restaurant soooo bad!  It was like a dream come true!  A healthier version of SAD food... why not??  Fast forward to now and I'm not so sure.  Part of me says, its not like I'm forcing them to eat it, and they'd eat like this anyway, and you might as well stoop to their level and make a profit.  Hey, if you can't beat em, join em right??  Not to mention the hundreds of hours I've put into this already!

Ugh.  Sometimes I wish I didn't know so much.  Or even cared so much.  Just thinking about it makes me nauseous.  Talk about a guilty conscience!!

Views: 268

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, you may get a chance to have your partners buy you out or something, that would be an obvious and smooth way to transition out of that.

For now though, you can do all sorts of things to make any food you produce better. You can emphasize produce over meat in your dishes, maybe you can convince your partners that it would be a great option to have some vegetarian/vegan variations of favorites. My wife was raised vegetarian and my daughter is mostly vegetarian, but I'll take them out to someplace with decent food from time to time. Of course I'd love if they were both LFRV, but each person has to decide for themselves. But they really enjoy a lot of raw fruits and veggies which is great and they like a lot of the vegan dishes at the local health-food restaurant. In fact, a lot of people I know would LOVE to have a vegan/vegetarian fast-food type option! It might not be as good as being LFRV, but it'd be a darn site better than SAD. But even whole food, real ingredients, SAD is better than the highly processed foods most people on SAD eat. Oh yeah, be sure to offer real fruit smoothies on the menu, kids LOVE that!

Let's face it, people who eat like we do, are going to remain a very small percentage of the population for the foreseeable future, but with some really tasty vegan dishes and scrumptious smoothies, you just might be able to help tilt the balance a bit. Every bit counts! With some very subtle cues, you might even be able to start educating the kids. Like maybe a garbanzo/mushroom patty, a cauliflower patty, or a black bean patty called something like "burgers the cows recommend" or call the vegetarian/vegan section the "Happy little bulls (boys) and chicks(girls)" section or something along those lines. It wont offend the parents and the kids will pick up on it, they're a lot more perceptive than people give them credit for.

Anyway, I say go for the ideal as much as possible, but I realize we also live in the "real world" but even though it may not seem ideal to you, you can still do some stuff that will be good for the cause as you look for a way to get to where you want to go now! Congrats on realizing that dream by the way, even if you're now transitioning out of that before it gets started, it's awesome that you always wanted to do that and then arrived at it! Congrats also on opening your eyes! Your life will never be the same, but it'll keep getting more and more awesome! :)

+1!

+1

There's something better out there for you.  I'm sure it will be very hard to walk away from something that seemed like a dream come true, but you need to search your soul.  What if you met the "perfect" man, then he turned out to be a loser, or dangerous, or just not the right person for you.  Would you continue to sink time and effort into the relationship, knowing it wasn't right for you?  Follow your heart!

you both are very right! I think I'm somewhere in the middle right now. Literally at another fork in the fork in the road to what is my life. I dont want to make any rash decisions just yet. Just going to take it one day at a time and see where it gets me. If its meant to be, so be it. I'll find a way to make it work! If its not and Im miserable, it wouldnt be the first time I walked away from the "dream" job because I know its not the one for me!...if thats the case, I can't wait to see whats next! :)

I love your idea Chris about making the menu more vegan friendly!

I see this as a great opportunity for you and your future customers.

Add a few tasty and healthy Raw and Vegan dishes to the menu to introduce people to something new and progressive. 

Also maybe you can use this as a stepping stone to open your own Raw/Vegan/HCRV restaurant some day.

Not just a few.  I say a whole load of raw and vegan dishes.  :o)

Thank you...I appreciate it =)

Business is business. Don't do anything out of fear or regret; make choices based on positive reasons. 

It depends on how you see it, the location you are opening up in, and the people you are opening the restaurant with, but this could be a great opportunity to fill up a menu with REALLY healthy options for people.

I mean if a restaurant within travelling distance of me offered fresh fruit smoothies with no added BS for example, I'd be there! If you could offer cooked vegan healthy options too that leave people feeling good after a meal, you might just have a winner on your hands.

Agree with Chris .  Add some really amazing vegan ideas and concepts to your menu and people may migrate to vegan purely out of your amazing cooking.

In my part of the world the vegan places are all jammed and new one opening up all the time. In fact never seen one here close its doors all HUGE success some with several places.

You are right on the wave of health  right were your suppose to be

-Doug

I guess in a way this can only add value to our vision!  I might just have to slowly introduce the idea...and if they hate it, atleast I can say I gave it a go right? 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Thursday
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Wednesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 10
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 6
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
Jun 4
OrganicMark posted a status
"What The Secret Space Force Really Looks Like May Surprise You! 2019-2020 #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XovQZF"
Jun 4
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 3
OrganicMark posted a status
"INSIDERS & EXPERTS: AG BARR IS ABOUT TO DECLASSIFY DOCS THAT IMPLICATE BARRY IN THE SPYING OF TRUMP. #truth #now http://bit.ly/2wyUDyE"
Jun 2
Silvery posted a discussion
Jun 1
Silvery and Windlord are now friends
Jun 1
shaila reddy joined catalyst's group
Jun 1
Rawberry replied to Mati Manik's discussion Any 811er in Argentina?????
May 31
shaila reddy is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 31
May 30

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service