30 Bananas a Day!

Yes, that's true: I have never, never, never eaten a salad in all my life. I have always thought it was a food for cows, not for human beings with a brain which is highly demanding for glucose....

I decided to try to change my mind: I am planning to have my first salad tomorrow night!

But I don't know which vegetables/fruits to choose and how to prepare them, apart from lettuce. Can you help me finding a simple recipe, with few ingredients (very digestible please, I have huge problems with raw zucchini). Finally, everything must be easily available where I live, in Italy.

Thank you! :)

Merope

Views: 1062

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mission completed! I bought the ingredients, prepared the salad, ate it and survived!

I chose a variety with green and red leaves. I don't know the English name - it is already a challenge to understand the true name in Italian... we have so many dialectal words that the same cultivar is called differently on the other side of the hill...

I mixed it with grape tomatoes (Pachino) and beefsteak tomatoes, then I added basil, lemon and celery.

I discovered to hate lemon in the salad. And the lettuce was quite bitter, even if the producer told me it was the sweatiest. Is that normal? Moreover, at the bottom of the bowl there were two fingers of water... I put too many tomatoes, didn't I?

Thanks

no worries, normally the water accumulating at the bottom is quite flavorful, and I most definitely recommend drinking it :) but you're right tomatoes are very heavy on water (but they're worth it) have you heard about spiralized foods before ? It's a very fun way to eat cucumbers and such, you should check it out

Do you really think I wasted the water? Of course I drank it! :P

I heard about spiralized foods, they are something like spaghetti, but made of zucchini, carrots, cucumbers, etc, don't they? I know that zucchini pasta is really popular here, but I really can't digest them raw! Last time I tried to eat them, they were still repeating on me after 12 hours! I ate them at dinner and the following morning they were still "keeping me company"! I felt so sick.... I won't repeat the experiment, sorry!

I have just finished my second salad... today I added less lettuce and more tomatoes (I cheated a bit!), two big peppers, celery and a small cucumber.

I was wondering one thing... before becoming LFRW, there where fruits/vegetables you couldn't stand? If so, how do you start to eat them?

When I was a child, I really hated both fruit and greens. Only growing up I discovered the reason: all the fruit and the vegetables we ate came from my grandparents' garden... such a disgusting food! Fancy me not liking eggplant because too hot and spicy!

Things have changed now, but there are still foods which I don't like... for example, the smell of ripe melon nauseate me. Did someone else experience the same?

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconLeeanne and Eva joined 30 Bananas a Day!
19 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"CNN Lays Off Staffers After Massive Ratings Drop #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2EsDsDd"
20 hours ago
Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 21
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
May 20
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service