Please let me know ASAP if you're interested in maybe living in a drug-free home with a fruit-and-veggie and yogi/healer vibe in either Asheville, North Carolina - or - Santa Cruz, California :)
I'm the one who yesterday posted about some of us fruit-lovers working on pulling together a new home in Santa Cruz, California.
Here's the very detailed post I wrote (it's obvious I adore Santa Cruz):
But some of us are now strongly considering the idea of instead (or at first) moving to Asheville, North Carolina.
I personally would only live there 3-5 months probably then return to Santa Cruz for summer (being a beach/hiking town, Santa Cruz is especially fun in summer anyway...it's winter is pretty rainy). But maybe they'll like Asheville and stay there longer.
(When/if I return to Santa Cruz around probably this March-May, I'd want fruit-loving housemates in Santa Cruz, so please let me know if that interests you.)
Anyway, if you haven't heard of it yet, Asheville is a really cool town. A vortex (like Santa Cruz is). One of the happiest places in the world, has rose quartz in its ground, extremely musical/artistic, holistic healer vibe, crunchy/hippie vibe. So it's very similar to Santa Cruz.
Two of the main ways Asheville is different than Santa Cruz is no beach and no California perks (California is an amazing, beautiful, varied state). Like Santa Cruz, its downside is it's a bit overly white (as in Caucasian).
Yet Asheville has many, many perks. One is that housing is very cheap - just like $275-500/room. (I'd love to just stay in Santa Cruz instead but having hard time finding rooms for under $630/month there.)
P.S. There'd be a whole room or at least section for a massage/reiki table area that at least one of us would use for our clients... so if you're a bodyworker or energyworker you're in luck :)
I live in Asheville! If you have any questions about the area please let me know and I will help answer them.
Awesome. Was just thinking I should check for 30badders in Asheville. I'd love to chat with you on the phone today... will private message you my # :)
Sent a friend request... think you need to accept it before we can private message each other. Or you could answer questions here publicly too but I can probably think of tons of them, haha :) Such as:
* What sections are within 15 min. bike ride of downtown (not sure which Craigslist listings to consider...I don't own a car)? Is it comfy living there without a car (though I'm sure I could find rides from friends sometimes, just don't wanna assume that'll be daily or even weekly).
* How many fruit-lovers do you know there? I see you're involved with vegan activism so probably know lotsa vegans...
* Is it true it's a little racist there sometimes, and is extremely white? :( I really like diversity but could be okay without it several months at least, but don't want lotsa racism.
* Is there any ecstatic dance and/or acroyoga and/or contact improv there?
* Anything else you wanna tell me! Really would be better to chat on phone, though maybe others would like to see your public answers to these questions too...
Hey there, may still be into Asheville in the future. Liked it when I visited it once. But still in Austin and enjoying it for now.