30 Bananas a Day!

Hey everyone. I desperately want to move to California. I currently live in Wisconsin with my family who eats NOTHING in the vegan department. Living with them has caused me to break being raw LOADS of times. CA has a whole ton of raw vegans and open-minded people. I have spent 1.5 years in college already...and I am just annoyed with the cost and the possibility that I probably won't even use what I will probably major in (Japanese). I am a VERY hard worker and I have always just wanted to work and earn money for living. I don't mind part-time jobs at all. Most of the time you can meet a lot of people! Since I aspired to be raw, I have changed so much with the way that I think. I don't want to live the life that SOCIETY has recreated. I just want to be happy and eat fruit. That's a really life for me. 

I was wondering if there is anyone with an opinion/advice? Anyone who has dropped out of college to pursue their dreams. 
THANKS

Views: 474

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah everyone has been trying to tell me that it's so sad and that I should leave my options open and whatever. But earning money and cutting the time to get there in HALF is opening by options! I am so thrilled to get out there and let the tide throw me where it must!

Have you considered taking a gap year? I attend UNC-Chapel Hill, and the schooling here beats my ass. LOL. Tough life. I'm also a comp sci major, and I plan to go into software development, so I have no life. There hasn't been a time when I can recall me ever taking a 30 mn break.

If it's overwhelming, try to take a gap year off. Schools understand that sometimes you need a breather. Definitely talk to your adviser for more information.

Its not about making money for school. Its about making money fot me, just to live and eat fruit and in Cali its cheap and bountiful ;)

I felt exactly the same way. I just recently dropped out of school and let me tell you, if you know it's not for you, get out now! I wasted so much money after trying to push through school for five years. I knew I didn't want to do it, but I felt like I had to for my parents. Now I'm seriously exploring my options to leave the country and move somewhere fruity and live a life I love. The only problem I see with moving to California is the cost of living is fairly high (though I don't know how it is in Wisconsin to be fair). As long as you had a job secured first, I bet you could find living arrangements with someone on here or craigslist or something. If it's what you really want to do, don't let anything stop you.

I have felt the SAME WAY. And btw, I'm minoring in Japanese! But I decided to stay in college because I finally found something I felt passionate enough about to want to pursue the degree (Psychology). I totally agree that society is whack and puts so much pressure on going to college. It's not for everyone and the world won't end if you decide to drop out which I'm sure you know :).

But here are some job opportunities that I've heard about for language majors: translator, teaching English in Japan (bilingual educator), teach Japanese, and here's a link (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&sour...) to an awesome PDF that lists jobs for a Japanese major :)

Another factor is being realistic about the standard of living you want for your life. I say be realistic because some people want to seem very non-materialistic and say they could live with nothing and be happy, but really most people need/want some comforts.

I hope this was helpful :)

It was helpful :D I already dropped all of my classes and the semester starts on Tuesday! I just have to sign a form. I am picking up 2 jobs that will allow me to make $3,000. Ill save up until the end of the year and I think that I will be outta here!! I want to work in the farmers market. and in Cali I will have PLENTY of chances to use my language skills! There are no Japanese/Korean people in Wisconsin lol

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Navy Patents UFO-Like Compact Nuclear Fusion Reactor and Hybrid Space/Sea Crafts #evolution #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2qtNgbW"
yesterday
Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
Wednesday
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Tuesday
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Tuesday
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Oct 15
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Oct 14
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Oct 14
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Oct 13
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Oct 13
ednshell posted a discussion
Oct 13
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 13
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12
Rock and Tams are now friends
Oct 12
Tams posted a discussion
Oct 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service