30 Bananas a Day!

Hi all.  Does anyone else get cold when eating 100% raw?  I don't know how to combat this.  Even in the middle of the summer, I would feel so cold inside.  I keep trying to follow this lifestyle, but with the cooler weather upon us, and winter on the way, I was wondering how all of you keep from getting too cold.

Views: 825

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

<p>+1, when I don't get enough fruit calories in my body temperature drops, dramatically. Between 2000 and 2500 is not enough. I eat between 2500 and 3000, usually 3000, and if I don't my temp drops.

Thanks Cassandra.  I'm going to try to up my calories some.

Some people do have a period where they feel cold when first going raw which might be normal however I suspect that the reason for this is most likely because they are under eating.  I am a sedentary 5'4" female and I eat 3500-5500 calories a day sometimes more then 5500 but not often.  I definitely thing you are under eating.  Also keep in mind if you have any absorption or digestive issues you need to increase calories more to compensate.  It takes a lot of time to heal digestive damage deriving from previous dietary choices.  While digestion is healing you absorb less but in time your digestion becomes more efficient and is better able to absorb at that point you may require less maybe around 2500-3000 after healed digestion but maybe not some people need higher calorie levels always which is perfectly fine as long as you are eating the right foods which are high carb, low fat.  :-)

If I drink cold smoothies, my arms go numb! Just from the contracture due to cold, I guess. I even warm up my water a bit before I drink it in the morning and always keep a pitcher of water out at room temp.. Just get yourself used to drinking things at a not-cold temp and you should warm up. I hear people saying that the temp of what you eat doesn't change your body temp, but it sure seems to for me. I want a hot bath every time I drink something cold!

I love cold smoothies, but I want to turn the heat on even if it's 80 degrees!

Sometimes I put warm water in my smoothies. Just cook some water, wait untill it's not that hot anymore en put it in your smoothie instead of cold water or ice.

Just eat cooked food! It's that easy - Rice, sweet potatoes, lentils.. If you're eating plants, you ain't cheating

<p>I would only recommend that as a back up plan. There is a huge difference between cooked and raw. I would first try to up your calories, you're no way eating enough and I know that effects my body temperature. 

That's funny about the oven.  It all helps, hon.  Just know that someone else is experiencing the same thing.

I drink herbal teas to warm me up.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"The Fed Is Stuck In QE Hell #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/30MnEoQ"
15 hours ago
Alex Curtis-Slep's photo was featured
Saturday
Profile IconRonald Gordon, Kelli Hayes, Neda and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
Michael Lanfield posted a video
Saturday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Weekend $500B Bank Bailout Needed for Jamie Dimon's Bonus! (Bix Weir) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2NAhwdZ"
Friday
Michael Lanfield posted a discussion
Thursday
Michael Lanfield posted a status
"Wanna visit Costa Rica? Vegans get 20% off accommodations. https://peaceful-village.com/join/renting/"
Thursday
Michael Lanfield and Mindaugas BananaHoover are now friends
Jan 16
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens commented on Jasmin's group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens replied to anna's discussion fruitarians in spain / canary islands in the group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens joined Jasmin's group
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens commented on Tabassum's group 811 España
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens joined Tabassum's group
Jan 10

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service