30 Bananas a Day!

Cold Hands and Feet - Who has noticed this since becoming LFRV?

Hey Guys, I find my hands and feet are strangley always cold during the day - summer time and winter time. I find in winter when I juice up a raw vegetable and fruit shake, my instinct sometimes is not to want to put it into me as the actual juice can be quite cold - in fact when I do I notice that the cold liquid going into my core body area definitely seems to make me colder, which seems to make sense. Obviously in summer when its really hot, this is a good way to cool down, cool juice going into one's core, but in winter I am not so sure.

I am interested to know if anyone else has found that going Low Fat Raw Vegan has made their hands and feet colder?

I checked out a few other threads on here about this, but they were not focused on whether the LFRV diet was the cause - so I'd like to know people's opinions on whether they noticed the cold hands and feet when starting the LFRV diet.

The other threads I read covered some interesting stuff like..

Raynaud's syndrome

Hypothyroidism

Not eating enough calories - therefore not enough fuel for the body to burn to keep us warm

Yoga - tension constricts blood flow to hands and feet

I think I also read somewhere that diabetics somehow get poor circulation to their extremities (cold hands and feets) which eventually leads to gangrene in the feet, which then leads to amputation. I don't know for sure and I am being a bit lazy not researching this again for myself, but if anyone knows about this, can they tell me the physiological reasons behind this?

If anyone has any other ideas as to why someone would have cold hands and feet and what the possible solutions are I would be very interested?

Thanks guys

Views: 2975

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i  would check my thyroid and iron levels in the blood. could be many things but for 811 the other possibilities would be somewhat unusual. better check your levels so you can be sure its not anemia or hypothyroidism. also  the levels that docs consider in normal range are somewhat inadequate for vegans and maybe even for most.

I am leaning to what you suggest. I am sensing it is something specific to me and nothing to do with eating cold raw food in winter. I am pretty sure I tended to cold hands and feet even before becoming fruitarian, but this diet has seemingly made it worse so far for me - but not unbearable - the benefits far outweigh the cold hands and feet i.e. heaps of energy.

Hey French_Apple, I appreciate your comments. Intuition is a cool thing in my humble opinion. I took the leap of listening to my intuition a long time ago and have not looked back. I am having lots more raw juiced veggies, specially greens in the last two weeks - its like my body was screaming out for them - so sometimes I must not have been listening to my intuition to have left it this long???lol

I'm always cold, but I have lived in the tropics for 9 years so being in an air conditioned room is not my normal anymore.

Before I was LFRV I went through an explained weight loss of 9 kilos (I know! I weighed less than I did when I was 13!)). I had everything tested including thyroid and nothing was conclusive. I'm "normal" now. I just told that story because I don't think diet can cause thyroid problems (even though I read something scary about eating certain veggies raw affecting thyroid function).

Glad someone posted on this so recently. My body is ALWAYS cold...seems like even colder as HCRV. My normal body temperature is always around 96-97 degrees F, actually. I remember this happening even more dramatically when I first went raw- during a meal or right after, I'd get severe chills. It did go away once my calories increased and after about 2 or 3 months.

Now I'm experiencing it again (2nd trial of hcrv) and it's mostly my hands and feet...my nails will actually turn purple (weird!) Not really worried about it, since my circulation is great. I would have to agree that increasing calories helps. For the meantime, I either try to get my body moving or dress warmer (been using 3-4 blankets in July hahah!) Would be interested to hear what you find in your research!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
19 hours ago
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
Sunday
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Now you can't be vegan 'cause... Mineral levels in plants are depleted. LifeRegenerator lacks sense

LifeRegenerator appears on RawKristina's video and repeats what an anti-vegan told me days before... that mineral levels in plant foods have depleted by 85 percent
May 11
Valentin Otto is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service