30 Bananas a Day!

Hey guys,

I'm travelling home from China in a few days and I want to bring with me 7 coconuts. (to show parents, use the water, freeze the flash, make bowls from the shell). And I was wondering if they are allowed in the carry-on bag or nut as they contain liquid more than 100ml but it is impossible to open them on board... Tough question... What would you do? Should I put it safely in the checked-in luggage?? Please help, I will cry if they let me throw them away at the control gate.

Thank you!

Views: 1045

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You aren't allowed to take any plants/fruit into USA/Aus & if they find them they will be discarded and you will be fined :(.. Coconuts can be found in shops, although they won't be so fresh of course. Check Hungary's customs laws to see if they allow this or not <3 if they do, then no worries, pack them & declare them, if required :)

Good tips.

If you determine that they're allowable (written permission would be best to prove to any bureaucrat you run into), you might want to carry them in a clear plastic bag/container.  

I imagine coco's could look like a bomb under xray :)

Haha yes! And whatever you do, don't say "don't worry, they aren't bombs!"

Yes, and avoid this bag at all costs!

"I can give you one, they are very tasty. Hopefully they won't explode in your tummy!" hihihih

hahahah yeah but come on... is anyone as stupid to carry on 7 real bombs unhidden in any ways? :D

I'm in China as well :) I always bring home about 20kg of fruits.. Where are you flying to?? That's what makes all the difference! I brought home lots of fruits from India, Sri Lanka, Africa and other countries but I always go back to Italy.. I'm sure US won't allow this. Btw if you plan of taking fruits hit me up I'll give you some tips I learned in these years :)

Dustin you are my man!!!!

Yes, this is what I'm planning, filling up a whole luggage with fruits. Do you ever put it in a checked-in bag? They would get totally destroyed, no? :/

I'm going to Hungary, so food should be good in carry-on bags. 

Yes please, want to hear ALL the good tips!!

:( Why did I never receive a notice on my email about you having replied to my message?? :( 

I'm sorry NB, probably you might use this tip for next time, or someone else might find it useful..

When I take coconuts in my suitcase my experience is not to bring the ones that come with the whole outside shell (green or orange, as you buy them from the streets in Thailand, Malaysia, India etc..) as they sometime leak water from the inner shell; this happens especially if the coconut is very young, and there is not enough "coconut meat" (white stuff) inside the nut thus sealing it..  buy the ones already shaved on the outside and wrapped in plastic. You'll usually find these in stores/supermarkets all around Asia.. These are the ones you can take in your suitcase, make sure you choose your coconut making sure its fresh and try to keep it in a fridge until you pack your suitcase just before leaving.. Also make sure you wrap a towel around it, just in case ;) 

Again NB, sorry for the late answer to your question but I never received a notice you had replied on the topic.. :(

Can't you find young coconuts in Hungary? 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
Sunday
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Now you can't be vegan 'cause... Mineral levels in plants are depleted. LifeRegenerator lacks sense

LifeRegenerator appears on RawKristina's video and repeats what an anti-vegan told me days before... that mineral levels in plant foods have depleted by 85 percent
May 11
Valentin Otto is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service