30 Bananas a Day!

Does anyone have experience with a citrus allergy? How can you know?

With certain citrus, particularly types of navel oranges and more sour tangerines my face gets red and itchy, my lymph nodes swell, my stomach bloats, I feel tired, and my head goes sort of fuzzy-low blood pressure. Once or twice I almost blacked out after eating a lot of navel oranges. 

Over the summer I broke out in hives after eating a meal of about 3 1/2 lbs nonorganic oranges. But then I also had poison ivy at the time, which I have really really bad reactions to and had to take drugs :/

Citrus allergy or just underripe fruit?

Views: 442

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

bump

This sounds like a citrus allergy (and a dangerous one at that if you're almost blacking out).   I have one as well, and citrus is a common allergen.  Eating grapefruit I will break out in hives within mintues of eating it.   I thought I was okay with oranges and then when I began eating mono meals I would get rashes on my shins.  After I did a fast I had heightened sensitivity and just one small sip of orange juice made my heart race, and develop a little rash on my shins.  All my fruit was oganic too.  I didn't realize I had this citrus allergy until after I adopted 811 and my body became more adept at telling me what was harmful to it.

thanks Terri! Darnnn I love citrus so much :( 

Do you think its possible to be allergic to some citrus and not others? 

I don't necessarily get hives but I get bloated and my blood pressure drops, red itchy face, and etc. THere have been times when I have been fine eating citrus...like once with really really ripe valencias and when I've had these like honey tangerines or something like that (I think that's what they were called). But you're right, its when I mono them. Does the same thing happen to you with tomatoes? 

Mannn :( I love citrus

Bristol - me too :-(  I was bummed when I found out.  But, relieved in a way too that I knew for sure what my body was rejecting and this was just one more step towards optimal health.  There are hundreds of other fruits out there.  I eat a lot more kiwis now in the winter as they remind me of citrus and I dont' have a problem with them.

I've heard that some people do okay with other citrus, but I believe most do not.  The protiens are similar in citrus fruits, and that's what the allergy or sensitivity is too.

I also love tomatoes but am avoiding them right now (and perhaps permanently).  I've been doing a fair amount of research on nightshades.  They cause a lot of people problems due to the high alkaloid content (inluding nictotine and solanine) and can adversely affect joints and the nervous system.  More info on them:  nightshades

There was also a study published in the British Journal of Medicine that found 8.6 ounces (or one large) tomato gave a person 1ug of nictotine which was the equivalent to standing in a lightly smoke filled room for 3 hours.  Not good :-(  Anyways, that's info for another post at some point...

Anyone else have this problem? 

If so, are there other things that have the same affect on you? 

I am experiencing an adverse reaction to citrus too. I never considered that I might be allergic to citrus because I have eaten oranges and other citrus fruit all of my life. I suppose that the difference now is that I am eating them in large quantities and I have also change my diet from a SAD diet to LFRV diet. I am now experiencing extreme itching in my face and I have broken out into hives on my arm almost immediately after having a Tangerine mono meal. I will sadly have to eliminate these foods from my diet:(

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"WOOHOO!! THIS IS THE END! Giuliani RELEASED MASSIVE SECRET THAT ROCK NATION! BIG NAMES ON THE RUN! #truth #light #now http://bit.ly/2JxOvjn"
Friday
fruitsandnumbers commented on Jacob Hafer's blog post ATTENTION: Potential Partner Fruitarian Females Please See
Friday
"Trump knocks Mueller out of the ring #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2UCShJb"
Mar 18
Michael Lanfield posted a discussion
Mar 18
Laticia Gibson is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 18
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Mar 18
"You’re Not Dying – It’s the Schumann Resonance! #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2HuGyZu"
Mar 13
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Mar 11
Milos Stepita posted a discussion
Mar 10
"Q - The Plan To Save The World REMASTERED #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2TjAGtr"
Mar 7
Profile IconPedro Ceron and Jacob Young joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 4
Mar 4
RawVeganGamer posted a discussion
Mar 3
Avi commented on TheBananaGirl's page THE RAW TILL 4 DIET EBOOK
Mar 1
Profile IconAvi and Joyce joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 28
"WHY? Massive Blasts Hitting Earth Continually w/ Dani Arnold-McKenny #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2To6VHf"
Feb 27

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service