30 Bananas a Day!

I am writing a essay about chocolate unhealthy effects on humans and i need some more fact really good facts with references and tips on what to eat instead of chocolate but still the same taste. like carob sapote and recipes on this. all this will include raw and roasted cacao as well.

i need something about serotonin and dopamin levels as well as the side effects and what happens day after when the body have to recover.

Views: 233

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm afraid I cannot add to your knowledge of this. However I hope to keep updated on your progress as during the transition from SAD (Standard American) Diet, I find myself tempted daily. A viable chocolate type alternative might be of great help to many. 

For my self, my saving grace are dates. 2 or 3 dates during 'weak' moments have always satiated my urges.

D

try durian great to stop temptations.both good frozen and in room temperature just make sure to buy a whole one they often better.

good luck with your transition.

For those of us who used to eat chocolate, memories of a dry or sore throat during consumption with a need to grab a glass of water come to mind.

Why is that?

For starters, chocolate and or its processed products like cocoa, chocolate milk both dairy or soy, are high oxalate foods and one of the worst things people can eat.

Chocolate and other high oxalate foods can cause the following short and long term health problems:

Immediate symptoms of high oxalate consumption include burning mouth and throat during consumption, digestive upsets including sour stomach, stomach pains, diarrhea, blood in stools, constipation, bloating, gas in its various forms including burping, belching, flatulence, and flatus, breathing and asthma symptoms, mucus production, skin eruptions and acne, dandruff, arthritis flare ups, kidney stones and kidney problems, urinary pain and or problems, blood in urine, foul smelling urine, irritation of the genitalia, body odor, and slowed digestion which makes it difficult to eat enough calories during the day.

Long term symptoms and diseases related to high oxalate consumption include kidney stones and kidney disease, urinary problems, breathing and asthma problems, digestive system irritation and or IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), prevention of calcium absorption and assimilation with risk of osteopenia (bone softening), osteoporosis, and jaw, oral, and dental problems, iron deficiency anemia, and other systemic problems such as calcification of tissues and arteries also known as hardening of the arteries and or arteriosclerosis which can lead to heart problems and cerebrovascular accidents and strokes.  Systemic circulation of calcium oxalate crystals can also cause them to be deposited in the visceral organs, bones, cartilage, and synovial fluid of joints resulting in pain, swelling, and arthritis.

Read more here with scientific references:

30BaD FADs: Oxalate Health Impact - 30 Bananas a Day!

There may be other compounds in chocolate like caffeine which could cause heart palpitations and arrhythmia and or problems with high blood pressure.

Heart problems

http://www.hearthealthywomen.org/cardiovascular-disease/arrhythmia-...

Caffeine side effects

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/caffeine-side-effects.html

Chocolate is high in another caffeine like compound called theobromine which again can cause heart problems and or high blood pressure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theobromine

Chocolate products may be considered strongly inflammatory to the body.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/sweets/10636/2

Chocolate products have a poor phosphorus to calcium ratio and may actually inhibit the bodies ability to assimilate calcium and or promote the leaching of calcium from the bones.  See above reference for nutrition information.  

Now this blog post does not specifically deal with chocolate, I have used some science to show the problem with poor calcium to phos ratios....

30BaD FADs: Benefits of Lettuce Greens - 30 Bananas a Day!

Calcium to Phosphorus Ratio 1:1

Not only is consumption of vitamins and minerals important, so too is how they are consumed.  Phosphorus is an important element in building bone, but cannot be utilized by the body without calcium, and may need equal parts calcium to be properly absorbed. Calcium absorption may be decreased by high dietary levels of phosphate, oxalate (in rhubarb, spinach, and kale), or phytate compounds in fiber. Too much protein in the diet may increase the amount of calcium excreted in the urine and decrease the amount available for building bones. (7)

If calcium intake and or absorption is too low, the body will release a hormone to try to increase digestive absorption of calcium, and then ironically, pull calcium from the bones to compliment the phosphorus which long term could result in osteopenia, osteoporosis, and dental problems.  (10)

While increasing calcium content in the diet is beneficial, supplementing with phosphorus or consuming high rates of phosphorus in the diet not balanced in homeostasis with calcium, and or magnesium and vitamin D, can cause toothache, increase risk of death in cardiovascular and kidney patients, affect hormone levels, affect organ, intestine, and kidney function, as well as cause imbalances in bone health and formation causing conditions such as osteopenia an osteoporosis. (11) (12) (13)

While it may not be necessary to make sure every meal has a ratio of 1:1, make sure that the daily average has a ratio of 1:1, and that about 1-2 pounds of raw leafy lettuce greens are consumed daily for overall smooth running  of the body, and to prevent bone issues and dental issues.  (14)

Fruits are high in vitamins and have some minerals too like calcium and phosphorus, but the calcium to phosphorus ratio may be out of balance in many fruit, and the diet needs to be alkalized with greens which may have a better ratio.  Oranges may be the exception to the rule.  (5) 

And example of a meal with an ideal calcium phosphorus ratios is 2 large oranges that have 130 mg of calcium and 36 mg of phosphorus, 3 bananas that have 33 mg calcium and 148 mg phosphorus, and a head of romaine lettuce that has 207 mg calcium and 188 mg phosphorus.  This is a grand total of 370 mg calcium and 372 mg of phosphorus.  The calcium to phosphorus ratios are right at the 1:1 point! Adding another orange to the menu will result in a perfect ratio with calcium left over for other body functions besides bone building.  

This is all I have time for now. 

Peace, PK

thank you so much PK you saved my day.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Trump knocks Mueller out of the ring #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2UCShJb"
19 hours ago
Michael Lanfield posted a discussion
23 hours ago
Laticia Gibson is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
"You’re Not Dying – It’s the Schumann Resonance! #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2HuGyZu"
Mar 13
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Mar 11
Milos Stepita posted a discussion
Mar 10
"Q - The Plan To Save The World REMASTERED #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2TjAGtr"
Mar 7
Profile IconPedro Ceron and Jacob Young joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 4
Mar 4
RawVeganGamer posted a discussion
Mar 3
Avi commented on TheBananaGirl's page THE RAW TILL 4 DIET EBOOK
Mar 1
Profile IconAvi and Joyce joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 28
"WHY? Massive Blasts Hitting Earth Continually w/ Dani Arnold-McKenny #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2To6VHf"
Feb 27
Feb 26
Profile IconTara nuru and Jami joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 25

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service