30 Bananas a Day!

Hi everyone,

I am new to 811 (5 wks) and I am transitioning. In August I start a desk job after a year "off" during which I was able to develop some great exercise/dietary habits.

To get my exercise in I can ride 10 miles to work and shower there....then after ride 10 miles back home. But for the diet....

I am anxious about being in a work environment and following 811. Out of those who work behind a computer for 6-8 hours a day, can I get some motivation/tips about how to make this work @ work?

I can just imagine tons of bananas at various stages of ripeness sitting all over my office. I think this will be my reality. I just want to make sure I get enough cals so I can perform well and make it through the day without resorting to any sort of junk.

I would even love to hear what everyone does/how you get through a typical day at work. What do you bring in? How many cals do you eat during the day compared to home?

Thanks!

A

Views: 160

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you eat at your desk watch out for sticky-keyboard syndrome ;-0
yep! esp eating watermelon or dates! :)
Yeah, I'm considering getting a cart and harness so I'd be like a pony trotting along...

Desk jobs aren't 811 friendly. If you are serious about your health and happiness you won't engage in such a job.

hmm... While I wont argue that the stress of a desk/office job is not always ideal, you sure can make a go of it.

A side benefit of being 811 in an office job is that lots of people are exposed to you and if you're not acting like a total nut job (in their estimation) or really adversarial, you can be a real diplomat and help get the word out. When I went raw and lost lots of weight and became much more healthy, people at work really took notice. I think that's got to be a good thing.

So if one is in a desk job, I wouldn't worry about it. However, do listen to your heart and if at some point you feel the job isn't for you anymore, cut loose and do something you love! If you love your office job, more power to you! :)

Good stuff..... I have all kinds of folks switching to heathier choices.... the guynext to me is drinking green smoothies, and another is on a 21 day cleanse... yet another is on the McDougall diet in transition...had another stop eating all of the fish .. starting brining smoothies and fruit instead... WOW... All good.. some folks are willing to take responsibility... and that is nice to see.
That's excellent! :)

I have to say making the decision to go back to work after taking time off was not an easy decision and I would agree that desk jobs can be very stressful.  However, since I started transitioning to 811 I have incredible energy / mental clarity that I have not had in years. It is because of this new found energy that I am compelled to be productive and help others while using my skills and challenging my brain once again (the job I will be doing is in direct support of others)

I am very serious about my health and happiness and as Chris points out, I would have no problem leaving the job should my health or happiness be compromised in ways that I cannot overcome. (I did that very thing 2 yrs ago)

I feel very positive about the prospect of working again while maintaining the level of health I favor. I thank you and others here for motivating me and giving me some tips.

Each day I carry a Whole Foods grocery bag to work.... it typically contains 1 64 oz green smoothie for breakfast (in a thermos), 6-8 bananas, soaked dates or inseason fruit like mango or apples, and a container of chopped salad (pulsed in the food processor - takes less room), and a liter of water.

When I travel for work - I find the local organic places on line and try to fly early so I can get there in time to stock up.   I always take a lotta dates with me - just in case.

At work.. they are used to me.. but most think im crazy.    I just tell most folks I'm doing a 100 day raw challenge... and they say.. cool... I should try that.... !

It's fun.. really...

Convert to a stand-up workstation! I don't even have a chair anymore, makes me feel alert all shift and facilitates the fruit sugar nicely.

That's hillarious! I can just imagine you typing standing up...being on the phone, etc. 

I read it somewhere, that sitting in a chair is 4x as injurious to our spine as standing, as far as pressure and posture goes.

Datorade in a bottle is great. You can literally have 3000cals in a bottle. Shake it up when it settles. Keeps GREAT! :)

Put it in a paper bag and pretend its booze. Tell your workmates that they are so boring and mainstream that you have to get drunk just to hang around em. ;) Have fun with it! 

Next day it can be colostomy bag fluid or something.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Trump Signs Executive Order Stripping Social Media Companies Of "Liability Shield" #awakening #peace #truth #light https://j.mp/2XcNXUL"
yesterday
Profile IconDarren Newman, Makayla, Jaime Huxley Leary and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Peter posted a status
"First roller of 2020,didn't get any last year ,had a frost and I cut them back hard,then worst drought. can't remember them being so sweet."
Tuesday
Peter posted photos
Tuesday
Peter posted a status
"Could help.that should read."
Monday
Peter posted a status
"I can't remember how to post a photo if anyone couldchelp?tia"
Monday
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
May 24
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
May 24
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
May 24
Laura Kuchy commented on Tiff Hawkins's blog post Too Exciting
May 23
Profile IconLaura Kuchy and Peter H joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 21
Raw Mormon Mommy posted a status
"How do I edit my profile?"
May 20
"OBAMAGATE 1: CRIME OF THE CENTURY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2WVPNbe"
May 19
Profile IconSuzanne, SunBeaming, Rhonda Miga and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
"PlanDemic - Banned Documentary #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://bit.ly/2xJvrK0"
May 15
"What They Don’t Want You To Know About Covid-19. Dropping Bombs (Ep 264) Dr. Rashid Buttar #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2T4hGwE"
May 15

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service