30 Bananas a Day!

Cardiology Clinic Done by Dr. Esselstyn - Smoothies are bad for you?

Hi,

I was watching this clinic done by Dr. Esselstyn, author of Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease and frequently touted by Harley as someone on the medical forefront regarding the prevention of heart disease through the process of eating a plant-based low-fat diet.

Anyway I was watching this clinic (drinking an 8 banana smoothie) and I came across this VERY interesting section where Dr. Esselstyn speaks on the topic of smoothies and how he disagrees with them. On the topic of what NOT to eat:

"...and what is not up there, and we now know is very powerful for injury is something like orange juice, apple juice, agave juice, honey, maple syrup, and why? - because of the fructose. Glucose we all have to have, that's how we thrive. But if we start stuffing ourselves with fructose - fructose is a toxin. That's why I'm so anti-smoothie. Because when you take an apple, you take an orange, take a banana and you wind it all up now you've seperated the sugar from the fiber. You eat that as a fruit, fine, but if you grind it up you throw it past the very most important part of your digestive system, which is your chewing and saliva. So it goes past all that into your stomach with that load of sugar and BOOP! Up goes your insulin levels And now you have it: the leading cause of non-alcoholic liver disease: cirrhosis of the liver."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6pLRdawBw0

The part in question is at 41:50

This kind of freaked me out, especially since I was drinking a smoothie. Now I definitely do chew my smoothie so I can produce saliva, but I'm still kind of worried if chewing the smoothie is enough? Is that act of making a smoothie in itself a bad idea? Would it be more beneficial to just eat the bananas without blending them?

I'm just now start the high carb raw vegan lifestyle, and I'm a good ways through 80/10/10, I also have planned to read most of the books that Harley recommends (as you can tell I've been watching cardiology clinics - not something I usually do). I'd like some input or advice on this. 

Thanks for reading.

Views: 1851

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ChunkyChewableSmoothies4Lyfe!

I know he has said that drinking orange juice has a negative effect on the endothelial walls of the blood vessels, and that is why he is opposed to drinking juices and smoothies where the fiber and juice are separated from the fruit.

i don't get the fructose is toxin   why  when its present in fruits  in such a natural non processed  form ?

additionally sperm cells run directly on fructose     

this is good debate  id like more info    

He says he isn't against eating an orange, but he is opposed to orange juice, especially for those with or at risk of heart disease.

When I hear someone saying stuff like this, I just point to Jay Kordich and his wife, Linda. He turned 90 in August and is still going strong after 68 years of juicing.  Then take a look at Charlotte Gerson.

Actually in Doug Graham's book The 80/10/10 diet he does recommend smoothies every day in his sample menu plan. Very simple ones like bananas and water etc. no extra fancy stuff.

Esselstyn got nothing on natural hygiene.

If smoothies are toxic then cooked food is toxic too. This is such #$@ imo.

+1

Harley chews his smoothies, watch his videos.

what difference does it make chewing them if they are toxic anyway according to this esselstyn caracter? Anyway- makes no difference for me, smoothies and also juice i use it and continue it. I follow Natural Hygiene, i dont follow what this man states.

I emailed a request for comment/clarification from Dr. Esselstyn via his contact representative at Clevand Clinic. I'm unsure whether it'll garner a response, but it's worth a shot.

I am glad you did spiffy    

dr ess   i think promotes eating a whole wheat bread or pasta   but hey ain't that flour  been mashed up

too 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Covid Lockdowns Killing 29 Times More People Than Covid? - with Dr. Ron Paul #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2BGeQJ4"
Tuesday
luke left a comment for Mean Vegan Girl
Sunday
luke and Mean Vegan Girl are now friends
Sunday
Melissa Grace left a comment for Raisa
Jul 4
"Covid911 INSURGENCY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2YKEZ1O"
Jul 1
"!! DANGER !!Test Shows Oxygen Levels Drop into the DANGER ZONE FIVE SECONDS After Putting on a Mask. #truth #light https://j.mp/2ZeLBog"
Jun 29
Lucas mcclaren's photo was featured
Jun 29
Eunice Su-Ai joined Marina's group
Jun 28
TheBananaGirl replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
Jun 25
Zeus Lopez Perez posted a discussion
Jun 25
"Bayer Pays $10BN To Settle Thousands Of Monsanto Glyphosate Lawsuits #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity https://j.mp/317rw5S"
Jun 23
Rus Talis replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 14
Rus Talis commented on ednshell's video
Jun 13
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
Jun 10
ednshell posted a video

Lies, Coverups, Google, Censorship, and the Whistleblower of the Year: Zach Vorhies (Part 1)

Charlene interviews the Whistleblower of the year, Zach Vorhies! Zach has done what few others have dared to do, tell the truth about Google and Big Tech and...
Jun 10
Lucas mcclaren posted a photo
Jun 10

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service