30 Bananas a Day!

Hi guys- I'm pretty new to this forum, and only about 3 weeks into the raw lifestyle.  I'm now running into some problems and I'm hoping you guys may have some input.  I've noticed over the past few days I am having issues with what sound like an issue with Candida.  It started with my tongue feeling somewhat inflamed and also had a white coating.  Then I noticed some agitation in my mood, irritability, and feeling a bit spaced out in my head; kinda like a lightheaded feeling.

So again today I noticed this, and it happened while I was eating a breakfast of 9 oranges.  The tongue issue was about 3 days ago, and when I noticed it I dropped my fat intake way down, to nothing more than the fats in fruit and veggies (no avocado or anything). The few days prior to this starting up I had some cashew cheese, some vegan ranch (containing cashew), homemade coconut yogurt (yes, fatty), which I've been eating for the probiotic benefit (my stomach is very much a mess from a 2 week antibiotic therapy not long before making the transition to raw).

I haven't consumed any overt fats, except for today I added 1 tablespoon of the coconut yogurt to my banana and coconut water smoothie before work. It was a small smoothie, 4 bananas. I'm at a bit of a loss, not sure how to control this.... Any suggestions? Thanks all! 

Views: 359

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Christo, thanks for your reply.

The reason I had to take the antibiotic was for an intestinal parasite called Giardia (followed by an unidentified amoeba), so I was taking Metronidazole and Paramoymcin for 3 weeks.  The metro for 2, the para for 1. Unfortunately, the Giardia renders it's host lactose intolerant for quite some time after infection (months), and thus I cannot even take a supplement containing lactose, as I fear it would make matters worse than they already are; all ethical and health stances aside.

The coconut yogurt that I made at home has the contents of a few probiotic capsules fermented into it.  However, I'm not sure if this would be helping or hindering my betterment.  The probiotic I used is this:  http://www.jarrow.com/product/123/Jarro-Dophilus_Original

I guess I can do some research on this Saccharomyces boulardii and see what I can do to get it into my system.  These symptoms are really bothersome.  For the first few days of my raw transition I was feeling great, then the withdrawal from processed foods came and went, and now I am left feeling how I am feeling now.

[edit: This product looks similar to what you showed? http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Saccharomyces-Boulardii-MOS-90...

Again, thanks for your response, much appreciated!

Nick

Hey Nick! I also developed issues with Candida after taking antibiotics. I've been doing the LFRV diet for over a month and I'm slowly but surely feeling a little better. Since the antibiotics completely killed our gut flora, it will take time to rebuild our flora to get rid of the fungus. 

I've talked to other people on here who also experienced Candida issues after taking antibiotics and although it takes a while to get under control, it is possible on this lifestyle.

1. I would suggest to go completely raw until you get your candida balanced again (it seems that cooked carbs take longer to digest which allows the candida to feed off of them since they stay in your system longer). Some fruit seems to make symptoms worse or cause flare ups like citrus fruit does for me or dried fruit for others. So try to steer clear of citrus or dried fruit as much as possible. Also, don't consume overt fats some weeks.

2. Make sure your taking anti-fungals and rotating them every few weeks (pau d' arco, grapefruit seed extra, caprylic acid, etc.). This will help kill the fungus, since your immune system is compromised.

3. Keep taking high doses of probiotics to rebuild your gut flora.

4. Don't consume any alcohol. I happened to get the worst flare up after drinking on New Year's Eve, and since then I haven't drank not even a sip. 

5. Up your vitamin C intake to help your immune system.

6. Make sure you're food combining properly to help with digestion. Monomeals are the best.

7. Make sure you're getting enough sleep and keeping your stress levels down.

The first few weeks on completely raw it seemed like my symptoms got worse, but now I'm feeling better. I have faith that this lifestyle will work to combat our candida imbalance! Just stay positive and keep going :) Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions or concerns.

Hey Nick, I've also had some pretty terrible candida issues in the past, but as i stick to this lifestyle they are slowly going away. What i have found to work best is avoiding all high fat foods for some time- nuts and seeds, avocados, coconut, etc. Try to stick to sub acid fruits as best you can, these have a major detoxing effect on the body (berries, mangos, peaches, apples, pears, grapes, also melons are great). Try mono meals of these fruits or even stick to one fruit for 2 meals or an entire day. Ive found that the simplified meals really help the symptoms and eliminate that coating on your tongue. If you are experiencing that tingly tongue feeling you could try a tablespoon of psyllium husk in a smoothie (i squeeze a bunch or oranges, add a couple full oranges, a tablespoon of psyllium husk, and a teaspoon of vanilla powder- so good), it slows down the sugar absorption and reduces or eliminates that tingly feeling. This lifestyle will help you to become very sensitive to what is going on in your body/ how you react to certain foods, so experiment for what works best with you. After some time eat half-one avocado, and then when you eat a fruit meal notice how you feel or if your symptoms return- if they do i would stay off the fat for a while longer. If you stick to mainly fruit your symptoms should go away as you are giving your body a chance to heal by eating the most digestible foods possible. I have taken upwards of 20 different candida 'pills/remedies/teas' and nothing has helped me more than a fruit based lifestyle. Possibly because i was always relying on some pill to cure me, when really i just needed to clean up the way i was living and thinking. Don't stress if you cave and eat something that worsens your symptoms because sometimes the stress can be more detrimental than the actual meal- its all a learning process and finding out what works for you. But you are definitely on the right path! Check out Dr. Robert Morse on youtube. He's got some good videos on detoxing, foods to eat/not to eat, candida, and other health issues. 

Hi everyone- thank you for all of your replies! I haven't responded to each of you individually, but I have been receiving email alerts with your responses.  So thank you very much! I'm going to take all of this information and make my best effort to heal these symptoms.  I've been taking some steps that you've suggested, and I'm noticing some improvement.  It's slight, but it's definitely an improvement.  Less agitation and foggy head after consuming a dense fruit smoothie, etc.  I'll be sure to keep you updated moving forward. Thanks again!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Liquidity Shortage Getting Worse: Fed's Repo Oversubcribed Even More As Funding Demand Jumps #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2lXEgcM"
Thursday
"Liquidity Shortage Getting Worse: Fed's Repo Oversubscribed As Funding Demand Soars 50% Overnight #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2mi7u6d"
Wednesday
"$53.2 Billion In QE Lite: Fed Concludes First Repo In A Decade Amid Liquidity Panic #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kFdPbI"
Tuesday
"Home Prices: Downhill From Here #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kMOeNN"
Sep 17
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sep 16
pradtf left a comment for Tams
Sep 14
pradtf and Tams are now friends
Sep 14
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sep 14
"ECB cuts key rate, relaunches QE to shore up eurozone economy #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kymAUZ"
Sep 14
"Trump Says Fed Should Cut Rates "To ZERO Or Less", So US Can Refinance Debt And Lenghten Maturities #peace #truth#light http://j.mp/2kH4yzB"
Sep 12
hajapapaya replied to TINtininintin's discussion seeking hair and scalp advice in the group Raw Vegan Skincare & Beauty
Sep 8
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Housing Market Crash on the Way: Shiller #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2knZ6ln"
Sep 8
Peter Csere commented on Peter Csere's video
Sep 7
Josephine H Calvi is now friends with Randy Raw, Jojo Marion and Kevin
Sep 6
Lotus33 and Primal Rich are now friends
Sep 6
Scarlet R joined TheBananaGirl's group
Sep 6

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service