30 Bananas a Day!

Hihihihi!

Not to appear contradictory with the bouncy statement above, however... I have depression.

Sometimes it sticks with me, and other times it comes and goes - for either obvious reason, or for no apparent reason!

I have symptoms of brain fog, difficulty focusing (at times), confusion, apathy, lack of energy and motivation. It really bugs me!

I'm currently taking Lexapro 20 mg Anti-depressants to manage my depression.

I'm not too fond of this approach, as I feel it is unnatural and is the solution of lazy Doctor's. I was on 10 mg, but the effectiveness of the medicine declined over time, so the Doctor's immediate suggestion was to double the dosage. It helped a little, but again it seems as though my body is becoming familiar with the medicine and building anti-bodies and becoming further resistant. 

I feel as though I've tried every other method to overcome depression and feel happy,clear, healthy and passionate, however nothing has been effective enough!

The methods I find that do work are healthy lifestyle habits, such as healthy eating, sleeping and exercise routines. They help to some degree, that is.

Though, the problem is... If I'm not doing any of them, I feel a complete lack of energy and motivation to even start any of them. I may one day summon the will to begin and force myself to follow through, and I might gain further motivation by doing so. But it's a very delicate balance - if something knocks me off course, I'll drop motivation, which will in-turn snow-ball into me completing less, and so on... Until I'm at square one! And a reminder - even when I follow what I believe to be healthy routines, I will still have depression, just less frequently... (I want to CURE it and feel HAPPY and ENERGETIC!)

Which leads me to the question: Can the Raw Food Lifestyle Cure Depression? What part(s) will lead to this, and is there any physiological or similar reasoning as to why it would help? Apart from this lifestyle, is anybody aware of other methods to beat depression?

I thoroughly appreciate you for reading and responding - Thank-you. :)

Views: 4795

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

among the many benefits of this lifestyle, the first thing i noticed and what still stands out most prominently is the stability of my emotions and mood.

this lifestyle can help you tremendously. However to cure yourself from depresion you need to change your mind patterns for which changes of believes are neccessary. Depresion is just the way you condition your mind and it can be changed.

YES, YES, YES A THOUSAND TIMES OVER!!!!  Even though I wasn't clinically diagnosed with depression, I would usually get seriously depressed for quite some time after every single trip that my family would take, I would just be crying and looking over pictures and feeling extremely nostalgic for several weeks, I really don't know why, but thats how I used to be.  Last year I went to Woodstock Fruit Festival and during my time there I was mentally preparing for a full blown out depression for at least two weeks after the festival and it NEVER came!  I didn't even bother trying to find pictures or anything, I just moved on with my life and only later realized that I don't ever suffer that extreme feeling of depression and nostalgia.  So most definitely yes :)  

I have had depression periodically for the last 9 years.  I have been diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder.  I have been on most of the SSRIs and SNRIs, as well as benzodiazapines. I do not believe medications have helped ease my symptoms.  I have also tried counseling and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy which i disliked and found ineffective.  I have been off medications for 8 months after getting fed up with Doctors and feeling like I was unable to receive the help i was seeking.  I then searched for alternative options for depression and have been eating a high carb, low fat, low sodium Vegan diet for the last 4 months.  I have been a regular endurance athlete for the last 10 years, minus the times i was experiencing a Major Depressive Episode.  I do exercise daily if my mood and energy allows it.  Sometimes I force myself outside to go for a run and i can only make around the block because I feel like I'm going to burst out crying. Other days I can run 16 miles easily and feel great.  I do believe that focusing on sleep, hydration, high carb low fat vegan diet, and sport all help me feel better, but it is by no means a cure. In comparison taking Rx drugs didn't help me at all  I plan on continuing my vegan diet and possibly transition to raw vegan eventually. I realize that 4 months vegan is a rather a short time period but it may help some in feeling better, so i plan on continuing being vegan. 

I also live above 45 degrees N Latitude where we have 3 months of heavy snow and cold.  I have had most my depressive episodes begin in the fall so I have been doing phototherapy for the last 4 weeks to see if that helps my mood, nothing really noticeable yet.  Over the past 4 months I have felt like was doing ok, and other times I am still depressed. 

I do enjoy DR's videos and bought a Garmin 310xt because of his advice and got on strava which I feel assists my motivation to do more running and cycling.  I try to follow DR's advice because he has a lot of good to say.  For several years I was a competitive runner, (logging 3500 miles a year, p.r. 5k time of 14:50), and at times i was still battling depression. 

I mean it's quite simple. You eat shit = you feel like shit. Putting the best foods on Earth into your body seems the best way to go instead of taking those psychotic medicines. Eating these simple and pure foods is an amazing way to clear up your mind. 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Peter posted a status
"First roller of 2020,didn't get any last year ,had a frost and I cut them back hard,then worst drought. can't remember them being so sweet."
23 hours ago
Peter posted photos
23 hours ago
Peter posted a status
"Could help.that should read."
yesterday
Peter posted a status
"I can't remember how to post a photo if anyone couldchelp?tia"
yesterday
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
Sunday
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
Sunday
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
Sunday
Laura Kuchy commented on Tiff Hawkins's blog post Too Exciting
Friday
Profile IconLaura Kuchy and Peter H joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 21
Raw Mormon Mommy posted a status
"How do I edit my profile?"
May 20
OrganicMark posted a status
"OBAMAGATE 1: CRIME OF THE CENTURY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2WVPNbe"
May 19
Profile IconSuzanne, SunBeaming, Rhonda Miga and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
"PlanDemic - Banned Documentary #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://bit.ly/2xJvrK0"
May 15
"What They Don’t Want You To Know About Covid-19. Dropping Bombs (Ep 264) Dr. Rashid Buttar #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2T4hGwE"
May 15
"COVID-19 documentary by Janet Ossebaard | Part 4 #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/35Q1zYN"
May 12
"COVID-19 documentary by Janet Ossebaard | Part 1-3 #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2WJLXlv"
May 12

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service