30 Bananas a Day!

Hi All,

I'm still new to 811. I'm 23 days in and going strong. I just got into dates the passed 2 weeks and I find myself reaching for them A LOT. How many is too many in one day?? I'm on 811 to heal from cancer so I need to know if I should be sticking with fruits that have more water in them?? Fruits with more of a cleansing value? Or should I just listen to my body?? I can go through about 3 lbs in 3/4 days...For some reason, I am feeling guilty when I eat them, like I'm cheating or something. Thoughts on this anyone??

Views: 25896

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree, your body (and God's divine intelligence in it) does the healing NOT the food. But the food can aid in detoxification and the cleansing processs...also, the body spends 80% of it's time DIGESTING FOOD!! If we can eat things that digest easy, go in and go out...than that leaves more energy for the body to heal. This is why fasting is very healing...but with cancer specfically it's a whole 'nother ball game. I am going to edit my original post as it is causing some confusion, I see.
hell to the no! i can shovel through 5lb box in 4 days :D go for it!!!
Doing just a handful of dates at the end of the day now...and enjoying high acidic, juicy fruits during the day. Loving this method so far ;)
Just heard Dr. D's lecture where he said that Egyptians had the worst teeth ever in recorded history..their diet consisted mostly of dates.

...and if you combine meat and starchy and cooked grains with dates, you will probably have really bad teeth too.

I love dates, but try to eat them as little as possible.  Otherwise, I can easily eat 3 pounds of dates in a day, which is 4000 calories.  I get hadley dates from costco, 3 pounds for $6.  My experience is similar to Mike Arnstein's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxq-q8lwn1o .

I've been eating watermelon and bananas this past week, for example one 20-25 pound watermelon a day, then 17 bananas.  I'm not sure how many calories that is.  I'd probably do better with just watermelon, and not eat bananas after that.  I think in my case, it is better to eat less and exercise more, or else just exercise all the time.

You gotta remember John that Mike won the Vermont 100 this year on DATES lol!

Mike Arnstein eats more than me. Ive had enough meals with him and he always ate more than me after I tapped out. It started to do my head in after a while! NOBODY eats more than me until I stayed with Mike lol! If I owned a fruit farm, Id welcome the fruit bats and build a fence that Mike couldnt jump cos he is like a locust that wears running shoes when it comes to how many kg of fruit he can pack away.

If you are a HARDCORE eating machine like Mike is then you can get away with eating water rich fruit to fuel the distance but if you want to be a bit lighter, then load up on lighter foods like dates. 

Example, I eat 1kg of dates and it gives me around 3000cals. I need to eat 22lbs of pure melon flesh to get the same amount of cals. Sure I like melon but not enough to spend hours eating it when I can just have datorade by my side and sip it all day.

'eat less and exercise more' means I give you another few days on this lifestyle or if you can stick it out longer, your just gonna lose mega fitness by being in a constant glucose exhausted state for undereating on carbs.

DR, thanks for your reply.

The energy requirements during exercise are much higher.  I have eaten dates many times in marathons, long before Mike did, and in fact said my experience has been similiar to his.  I am fine eating dates during exercise.  It is when not exercising that I can keep eating dates dates dates, and they keep adding up.  Mike's comment that dates are dehydrating is also interesting, because dates are dense in calories and low in water. 

Please elaborate on what you mean "if you want to be a bit lighter, then load up on lighter foods like dates" - I would love to be as light as possible.

You might be interested or perhaps know this already, that Lahcen Ahansal ate dates and drank only water during his ten Marathon des Sables victories.

Orange juice is another way of getting lots of calories into you whilst still having that 'light and cleansing' energy. I also like to use it as a base with dates or bananas for a smoothie for a more dense meal.

NB as a basic rule a thick skin on a fruit makes it less absorbing of pesticides etc, so if your not purchasing all organic for financial reasons these are the items to pick.

yeah I'd do mono island for months and take up a credit if I had to in order to afford high water content fruits. but I wouldn't take up a credit if the thought about it was causing any stress to me. but I'd certainly do a lot to get highest water content possible. of course meeting caloric need while eating this way would also be one of my main points. all the best, m

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Rock commented on Jacob Hafer's blog post ATTENTION: Potential Partner Fruitarian Females Please See
20 hours ago
Rock replied to Reese's discussion Can you still have detox symptoms eating 50% raw and 50% sad
21 hours ago
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion The Gender Knot, veganism, and liberalism.
21 hours ago
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Acupuncture and chiropractic on animals is pseudo-science animal cruelty.
21 hours ago
Rock replied to Silvery's discussion What are good techniques in not letting the bananas over ripe?
22 hours ago
Charlie joined gmb's group
Friday
Andreea is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Where Is Inflation Hiding? In Asset Prices! #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2VSkM6E"
Thursday
"World Trade Suffers Biggest Collapse Since Financial Crisis #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2vajA2w"
Wednesday
"Banks Prepare to Take Your Money ⚠️ Bail-ins Exposed, Economic Collapse Update #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2UA4Ucg"
Wednesday
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Still Mind
Tuesday
Houdini Steve Owens replied to Ciara's discussion My English for your Spanish in the group International Penfriends and Language Exchange
Tuesday
Alexis Bassard left a comment for Elliot David Manning
Monday
Elliot David Manning and Alexis Bassard are now friends
Monday
Alexis Bassard posted a status
"I'm going on a fasting cleanse"
Monday

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service