30 Bananas a Day!

Hi All,

I'm still new to 811. I'm 23 days in and going strong. I just got into dates the passed 2 weeks and I find myself reaching for them A LOT. How many is too many in one day?? I'm on 811 to heal from cancer so I need to know if I should be sticking with fruits that have more water in them?? Fruits with more of a cleansing value? Or should I just listen to my body?? I can go through about 3 lbs in 3/4 days...For some reason, I am feeling guilty when I eat them, like I'm cheating or something. Thoughts on this anyone??

Views: 25944

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the least expensive dates I've come across so far are 2lb packs of Bard Valley medjools(unfortunately not organic), at Sam's Club for about $8. not sure if you you have a Sams club near you? when dates come back in season here, I'll order in bulk on line......hope this helps...

This is helpful, thank you! Pesticides are on the top of my list of things to avoid, so I am currently eating all organic.
Not sure if anybody covered this yet but, I live in Delray Beach, Florida and I know for certain that Whole Foods in Boca will sell you a 40 lb box of organic bananas for ten percent off, depending on the time of year that can be as low as 30 dollars for a case, that is 75 cents per pound! I have been successful at every other whole foods I have tried this at as well. Just find someone working in the produce section and ask them for the manager of that department, she or he will be able to assist you with the discount. I love high water content fruits too but I find it almost impossible to get enough calories per day without fruits like dates and bananas. If you are having trouble eating more than a few bananas at a time, make a smoothie with them, that should help you get in more calories.

Mango Mama

If you need dates I can help you.  Currently, I have Medjool, Honey, and Empress Dates available.

I'm a small date grower, you can reach me at meccadatefarm@yahoo.com

Eddie

Dates are calorie dense so I use them when my calories are running a bit low for the day or an hour or two before a hard workout. Before 811 I hadn't eaten a date in 30 years. Just one of the beautiful things 811 has done for me. Re-discovering so many incredible foods.
I just tried them tonight before a workout! Whoa!! Great way to use dates!!

My experience is that they do have an addictive quality. If you're feeling that you should stay away from them, they you probably should, but not at the expense of a lfrv diet. 

I would suggest that you try a diet exclusive in fruits like melons, mangos, berries, bananas, etc exclusively and see how that makes you feel. My experience was that it made me feel even better, but everyone's different. 

I was thinking they had an addictive quality as well!! Glad it's not just me!!
I'll have to sit with this...

Yeah I think the important thing is that you do need to get your carbs or as Harley says you will only end up reaching for the junk food anyway!

I don't know whether dates or bananas have more simple sugars in them vs complex carbs... I would imagine that consuming more of the one with more complex carbs is better, and that's probably bananas.

I don't think the water content makes that much different as long as you are staying hydrated :)

Well, I don't have any cravings for junk food....that's for sure ;) You could say I'm "scared" straight b/c of the Big "C"....LOL  I'm not tempted at all - I fully embrace this lifestyle as a permanent change in the right direction.

OK, here is the reason for this discussion.

It's not just about calories for me, it's about CLEANSING...I am trying to detox my body and reverse a serious condition. To me, I am thinking dates aren't as cleansing to the body as watermelon, mangoes or oranges...am I wrong in this? I think I am going to try and go without them for a week and see how I feel...I really think they might have an addictive quality to them.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
10 hours ago
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
11 hours ago
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Thursday
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Wednesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 10
Jun 6
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
Jun 4
OrganicMark posted a status
"What The Secret Space Force Really Looks Like May Surprise You! 2019-2020 #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XovQZF"
Jun 4
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 3
OrganicMark posted a status
"INSIDERS & EXPERTS: AG BARR IS ABOUT TO DECLASSIFY DOCS THAT IMPLICATE BARRY IN THE SPYING OF TRUMP. #truth #now http://bit.ly/2wyUDyE"
Jun 2
Silvery posted a discussion
Jun 1
Silvery and Windlord are now friends
Jun 1

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service