30 Bananas a Day!

Today for example, I ate 30 bananas, half a bottle of coconut nectar, a liter of orange juice, but I also had raw vegan burritos with a walnut 'meat' and guac. Clearly I ate a high amount of carbohydrates,but I also ate a decent amount of fat. Of coarse I had like over 4000 calories to make this happen but I was just ravenous today lol.

I just don't feel right on super low fat, lately I've been having an intuition I just need a bit more fat in my diet so that's what I'm doing, but I'm still making sure I carb up and don't eat enough fat as to where I don't have enough space for bananas. Are there any downsides to this? I'm carbing up but also following my gut instinct about eating more fat. Maybe if I start looking fat or something I'll go back to low fat but ever since I started low fat on a cooked diet a while ago my hair started shedding alot and that's why I feel I need more fat because I know I'm getting enough nutrients. Anyone in this same boat?

Views: 391

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Im often between 10-30% fat and i feel good with it. Super low fat i just like, if its very hot outside, than i realy crave the ligth juicy fruits. Here in Germany i eat different varieties of nuts, coconuts, avocados etc.

It depends what you mean by 'moderate'. For instance a number of dietary studies include a 'low fat diet' but the 'low fat' option contains 30% of calories come from fat - far from 'low'. You may want to track, at least for a while the amount of fat you consume as a percentage of total calories you consume during any given day. You may try for a period 10% of total calories from fat and then change this to 20% of fat from calories. See how you feel on each scenario after trying out each scenario for an extended period.

Many people are often surprised of how quickly calories from fat can add up when they are under the impression that they don't eat all that much fat. That's why it's a good idea to track total fat consumed for a time. After a while you will get a better overall picture of how much fat you are regularly eating especially if you follow a similar eating pattern.

I try to keep below 20% of total calories from fat. This is mainly from avocado, nuts and seeds. I avoid any free oils of any type.

I agree with what the others are saying about tracking your macros for a while to see just how much of your diet is actually coming from fat, although I know this to be time-consuming.

Personally, I think 10-15% fat is okay. You do need some fat in the diet, bearing in mind that greens and fruits all have small amounts of essential fatty acids in them, anyways.

I agree with Peter that whole plant fats like nuts, seeds and avocados are preferable to oils, but it is possible to overdo it on fats. I myself decided to include more fats in my diet and noticed some improvements in my skin particularly, but decreased energy (even though my calories increased) and unsurprisingly weight gain. See how you go, but my personal experience of going to a moderate fat diet from low fat diet as a female meant that the effortless weight loss I experienced on Raw Till Four was partially reversed. As a male, you will probably be able to get away with more.

That is still a REALLY LOW fat day though mate and you are SUPER lean so yeah, you should eat more fat so you can store a bit more body fat because looking at your profile pic, you are a bit on the underweight side.

Bottom line - if you are getting too 'lean' or 'underweight' then simply enjoy more healthy fats in your diet! :)

I agree with what was said. I would add two things:

1. It is great that you are following your intuition

2. Craving fat might also indicate a different deficiency or even an emotional state of mind, defiantly hair-loss could be a result of other deficiencies. I would also consider other avenues and explore if indeed the need for fat is the key.

Good luck! :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

ednshell posted a discussion
Tuesday
OrganicMark posted a status
"A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2uRCmzd"
Monday
Rock posted a discussion
Monday
"Coronavirus EXPOSED By Del Bigtree - What You Are NOT Being Told! #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health http://j.mp/2SMEe4c"
Sunday
ednshell posted a video

Even Smart Doctors Can Say the Stupidest Things

In other words, share what you KNOW not what you THINK! I address this issue in my book Goodbye Autoimmune Disease - how all the arguments against my smoothi...
Saturday
Abbigayle is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
Profile IconCharlie Bullock and gunel ismayilova joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 13
Calico Pete left a comment for Angela Hogan
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Calico Pete
Feb 10
Angela Hogan posted a status
"Eating a banana."
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Banana Boy
Feb 10
Profile IconVIDHYAPRAKASH and Banana Boy joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 9
Keshara Alleyne and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Jan 29
Keshara Alleyne is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 25
"Giuliani: I can't sit by and watch my country be sold out by Joe Biden #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/36nb5l4"
Jan 25
Calico Pete is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 23

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service