30 Bananas a Day!

so i'm planning a 6-7 day canoe trip this summer in ontario.  i have lots of experience camping, but none while doing 811. 
i don't have a dehydrator, but may could buy one for this trip prep.  my goal is of corse to minimize space and weight, but pack enough cals, so i am wondering...
- what are the best fruits to take fresh (they would probably stay fresh the first few days)?
- which fruits are best to dehydrate?
- around how many calories per day should i pack?
- should i even bother packing veggies, since they're heavy and aren't good cal sources?

if anyone has ideas, or could share their own experiences i would love to hear!

thanks
☮ kat

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey post what you end up doing, how everything goes, what you wish you'd doen different etc.....

That would be really helpful for the rest of us later on, my dream is to thru-hike the appalachian(hoping someone will see it cus I want a 811 buddy w/)

Good Luck! Can't wait to hear all about your experience after you're done!!!! :)
cheers!
I thru hiked the AP a few years ago. I was cooked vegan, then, though, and had no issues in terms of enough calories.

I want to thru hike the PCT (pacific crest trail) next summer. No idea how I'll do that on 811! But ... if you ever want to do the PCT, I'm game. :-)
Storm in Ojai, Ca. teaches about backpacking on raw, low fat, and he has everyone pack oranges, dates, and prepared celery sticks. I haven't been in his group yet, but I read blogs about it. It sounded like the perfect juicy and practical solution.
You might want to go on his website, where he advertises the hikes, and ask him there. http://www.thegardendiet.com/
This is one I am mulling over as well. I will be going on a 14 day canoe trip on July 28. Last summer I did one eaqually long but gormet raw. I dehydrated a ton of apples and berries and bananas and will repeat that this trip. I would like to bring fresh fruit too but need to worry about weight and freeboard - espically as we are bringing our two dogs.

My general plan thus far:

dehydrated berries, apples, bananas
dates
oranges or grapefruit

I think now I will add celery and possibly carrots too. I need to really sit down and figure out the calories/ carbs thing, have you started doing that yet? Would love to talk more about what you are bringing/ finding out!!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

ednshell posted a discussion
9 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2uRCmzd"
23 hours ago
Rock posted a discussion
yesterday
"Coronavirus EXPOSED By Del Bigtree - What You Are NOT Being Told! #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health http://j.mp/2SMEe4c"
yesterday
ednshell posted a video

Even Smart Doctors Can Say the Stupidest Things

In other words, share what you KNOW not what you THINK! I address this issue in my book Goodbye Autoimmune Disease - how all the arguments against my smoothi...
Saturday
Abbigayle is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
Profile IconCharlie Bullock and gunel ismayilova joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Calico Pete left a comment for Angela Hogan
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Calico Pete
Feb 10
Angela Hogan posted a status
"Eating a banana."
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Banana Boy
Feb 10
Profile IconVIDHYAPRAKASH and Banana Boy joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 9
Keshara Alleyne and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Jan 29
Keshara Alleyne is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 25
"Giuliani: I can't sit by and watch my country be sold out by Joe Biden #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/36nb5l4"
Jan 25
Calico Pete is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 23

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service