Why you should always embrace the buddha belly, but watch out for bloating.
What is the difference you may ask?
Well, the buddha belly is just a full belly. It is usually after dinner, as you have been eating all day and some may have a heavier meal at night. There should not be any discomfort, gas, acid reflux/gerd, pain, it should just be a round full belly!
Bloating on the other hand...
Bloating can indicate a problem, especially if you find you get bloated after a small portion of food. Bloating can indicate constipation, an unhealthy gut, poor food combining which often leaves you gassy, food sensitivity, dehydration and more. Therefore, in order to track down the culprit to why you may be bloated, read on:D
My top tips for bloating:
1. Drink water BEFORE meals, not after
2. Follow food combining rules
3. Never eat fruit after starch or cooked (even cooked vegetables, if you are really sensitive)
4. Get active, aid the movement of those bowels!!
5. Calm down and breathe, release the tension that may be causing you some gastrointestinal issues
6. Monitor certain foods and see if they affect you, even after following the above tips
7. Lastly, if you are new to the vegan diet, yes you will have to learn to embrace eating more and especially more fiber, but if anything it should make you less bloated! If you are eating easy to digest fruits, veggies and cooked starches, then you should be on your way to feeling amazing and having awesome digestion! :D Just you wait!!!!