30 Bananas a Day!

Hey everyone,

I know this isn't a lovely subject but I've been on the 80/10/10 diet for almost a week now and I'm experiencing constipation and painful bloating, is this normal for a beginner? I know some people talk about detox symptoms when there are just getting started, could this be to do with that? Will it go away after a while? Is there anything I can do to help it go away? Thanks for your help! 

Views: 719

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, it's a common detox symptom. Are you drinking enough water ? It can help.

Oh phew cheers mate. Yeah I drink 3+ litres a day. Thanks again.

Hi!
I've been on the diet/lifestyle for little over a week, too, and I, literally, feel your pain....much discomfort.I've read, although bananas have lots of super nutrients and tons of fiber, they can move either way for people. Look into food combining and take Freelee's. advice - fruit is the Queen of foods, so she likes to travel along the digestive route by herself. If you eat your veggie meal first and then fruit second your risking digestive discomfort.
45 minutes on the bike,three liters of water, two heads of lettuce( after many whole bananas and dates) and I was good to go! :)

Oh thanks, that's great advice! Hope your discomfort eases up!

finish your last meal by 5 pm or as early as you can to allow a digestive rest  each evening  for best digestion 

assuming you hit your calorie target  

Ok I'll definitely start doing that! Cheers mate!

I've been transitioning for a while, here's a couple tips in addition to everyone else's which are great

What reliance said about the bananas is true. See how many bananas you can handle and SLUG the water down when you're eating a lot of bananas. I can now eat about 15 bananas a day without problems.

People with weak digestion can't handle that much fiber, so yeah, the water thing again.

Datorade is the breakfast of champions. High water-date ratio, and use good dates, please! Mix it up, some people (myself included) can't jump right into banana island. So eat some variety.

Hope that helps. Love, Brad

Ok that makes sense. Thanks for the tips and no that is not my real name. I love Fight Club so that's why I chose that screen-name. It's the greatest movie of all time. Closely followed by Kill Bill Vol. 1&2 and Pulp Fiction but that's neither here nor there. Sorry I get sidetracked when talking about movies. Thanks again for the help.

is that your real name btw? lol

Make sure your bananas are REALLY ripe! Starchy bananas just don't seem to move through me very well, but I am okay with perfectly ripe ones.

worse than cooked starches? just wondering

Oh ok that could be it. The bananas I've been having were not as ripe as they could have been. Cheers for the tip.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Stephen posted photos
Tuesday
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion What are some vitamins you recommend?
Saturday
Profile IconStephen and Carolin joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
ednshell replied to ednshell's discussion Top German Scientist questions COVID19 response in open letter to Merkel
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
OrganicMark posted a status
"DUD PARTS Coronavirus testing delayed after kits found to be contaminated by Covid-19 #NoVaccine #organic #fruits https://j.mp/3aDW0ye"
Apr 2
Samantha Marie Alvarez left a comment for Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid
Apr 1
Samantha Marie Alvarez and Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid are now friends
Apr 1
Meurig Rowlands is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Apr 1
Samantha Marie Alvarez posted a discussion
Apr 1
Mika M is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 30
"Bahrain, Belgium Report COVID-19 Treatment Touted By Trump Working For Patients #organic #fruits #vegetables #health https://j.mp/39p6zno"
Mar 27
Cassie K and DreamsofFreedom are now friends
Mar 27
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Gardening for food and fun.
Mar 27
Sarah Troyer and Kevin are now friends
Mar 20
"Visualizing The History Of Pandemics... By Death Toll #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity http://j.mp/2x0ghPI"
Mar 18

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service