30 Bananas a Day!

So, I've read that black walnut tincture is good for remineralizing teeth when you swish it around in your mouth, and I know some people claim other health benefits when it's swallowed afterwards. But I'm curious if this would be considered raw or not? I'm not exactly sure how it's prepared, just that I should be trying to find the alcohol-free version. To swallow, or not to swallow, that is the question!

I've also heard alot of positive claims about the health benefits of black strap molasses, and was wondering if anyone on this forum has tried it as well. However, I've found clashing claims that it's both raw and extremely processed, so I'm really confused about how exactly it's made and whether it's suitable on the hcrv lifestyle, too.

If you know anything about either of these two substances, please help a noob out and share your knowledge, thanks!

Views: 720

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the only reason they mentioned black strap molasses is because they have a very high calcium per tbsp. But seriously, it's so fricken disgusting it's not worth it considering HCRV diet provides enough of everything on its own, hehe.

LOL, yeah, it IS pretty awful - I tried some years ago and pretty much gagged. My sister was really interested in it, though, so thought I would ask about it.

Thanks!

Tinctures are usually made with grain alcohol to extract herbal properties, so definitely not raw.  The glycerites (non-alcoholic) are not as potent and I'm not sure how 'cooked' they are.  There are some here that swish around baking soda in their mouths daily for remineralizing purposes.

Black Strap molasses is cooked, heavily processed.  For calcium we eat lots of greens,  and nuts and seeds sparingly.

Ahhh ok, that woudl explain why I could never seem to find a black walnut tincture that was also glycerin-free : P

I guess maybe we'll try swishing and then spitting, perhaps. Good to know about swishing baking soda helping to remineralize, too, thanks. Hadn't heard that!

We just want to be sure we're taking care of our teeth so that too much acid (from oranges, etc.) doesn't cause issues.

So far we're rinsing with distilled water after every meal, then brushing an hour later, once the enamel is supposedly less softened by the natural fruit acids. I'm looking now to figure out a good vegan, glycerin free tooth soap, as well, and I think we'll start adding the baking soda to our water swish after eating, as well.

Thanks so much!

Natural Sweeteners has a black strap molasses that is much higher in nutrients then stuff from the store.  It is high in potassium - makes bananas seem inadequate - 730 mg per TBSP, also has B6, iron (bioavailable since it is from a food and not a supplement/vitamin), and magnesium.  We use it for the babies when transitioning from nursing to foods.  We don't use it except for emergencies...which was mainly for me as I needed to eat more fruits and veggies when I was first pregnant otherwise I get hellish leg cramps (charlie horses are wimpy cramps).  

Hopes this helps.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Alex Curtis-Slep's photo was featured
Saturday
Profile IconRonald Gordon, Kelli Hayes, Neda and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
Michael Lanfield posted a video
Saturday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Weekend $500B Bank Bailout Needed for Jamie Dimon's Bonus! (Bix Weir) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2NAhwdZ"
Friday
Michael Lanfield posted a discussion
Thursday
Michael Lanfield posted a status
"Wanna visit Costa Rica? Vegans get 20% off accommodations. https://peaceful-village.com/join/renting/"
Thursday
Michael Lanfield and Mindaugas BananaHoover are now friends
Wednesday
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens commented on Jasmin's group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens replied to anna's discussion fruitarians in spain / canary islands in the group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens joined Jasmin's group
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens commented on Tabassum's group 811 España
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens joined Tabassum's group
Jan 10
Jelle replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
Jan 7

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service