30 Bananas a Day!

So I've been LFRV for nearly a month now, and have noticed several wonderful things:

-The bumpy, rough skin on the backs of my upper arms is almost completely gone

-I'm not as tired in class as I used to be

-No more salt/fat/sugar cravings

-My face is...different somehow.  I can't tell what.  It almost looks more relaxed, healthier...less stressed.  Fresher?  Yes.  Fresh.  Like fruit.

However, I've noticed something else, which came completely unexpected.  First, a bit of background.  I've been experimenting with raw veganism since I was 17 (and mostly vegan since 12)-- somehow every January without thinking about it, I simply go raw!  Like clockwork, I didn't realize the pattern til the third or fourth time it happened.  Anyway, previous attempts at raw veganism were all high fat.  I feel WAY better (less spacey, more energized, yay!) on LFRV. 

However, something completely unexpected has happened.

I'm 5'9", 120 lbs and healthy.  While I dropped a few pounds initially, I noticed that my body fat seems to be redistributing itself.  My upper chest and arms are smaller, but my stomach seems to be accumulating fat more so than before, or at least not shedding subcutaneous fat at the same rate.  I'm not gaining WEIGHT per se, but seem to be changing shape in a negative way... listen, people-- I don't want to be in "mom jeans" next year if I keep eating like this!  I exercise, walking at least 20 miles (sometimes 30 with cardio) per week and do some light weights/calisthenics.  As mentioned before, I don't seem to be *gaining* weight, but what was already there is either a)being emphasized more by the upper body fat loss OR b) migrating to my tummy/waist area.

I never started out on this for fat loss, but I'm just curious as to why this is happening.  Has anyone had a similar experience?

~Morgan

Views: 128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wouldn't worry about a Buddha belly. After all he looks happy in all the statues I've ever seen. So if you aren't doing a few crunches a day or something to work those weak abdominal muscles your going to allow an unfit feeling interfere with your self esteem and thinking this look is unacceptable. Don't take your false perception of yourself so seriously. Sit back in the Buddha position of contentment and have a good belly laugh at yourself.
I'm beginning to think it's just a slow bowel.

Not to get graphic here, but I really don't go to the bathroom as much as Dr. Graham (on YouTube) mentions is typical for a LFRVer.

I've increased water consumption (which has made a noticeable difference--thanks everyone!) and decided to forego dates to see whether they were contributing negatively.

As for the 'nanas-- I feel like the popular media always demonizes them for being fattening due to starch/glycemic load. But the majority of folks on this board seem to be fine with this fruit. Opinions?
I think this is because most people besides raw vegans eat them WAY too underripe when they are green or yellow with no spots. When they are green they are almost pure starch!!! Then the sugars start slowly coming out as the spots appear. So a spotted banana means that the starch has turned to sugar. This makes them MUCH more digestible.
I'd also advise you to try and eat in mono-meals until your digestion gets better. Many people come to this way of eating with poor digestion and i found that eating in mono-meals really helps. For instance, try a RIPE, very spotted, banana smoothie with just bananas. It's creamy and delicious and will help get things moving!!!

Or any mono-meal with juicy fruit would help too. =)
Maggie-- your advice was really helpful for me and sounds quite a bit like the pattern I am aiming for. I'll make an effort to do more mono meals from now on. If it's JUST a banana smoothie-- can I add spinach? Will that screw up the digestion?

There is one thing I am worried about, however. If I eat a lot of any one fruit, won't I get deficiencies in different vitamins/minerals?
Oh. My. Gawd.

This couldn't have been more obvious on the tummy question. So I've been LFRV for a month now, and have just realized how remarkably, magnificently, obviously, painfully impatient I am.

I jacked up the fruit (i.e. FOOD) content of my diet by adding more bananas and kiwis, and suddenly things seem to be working smoothly. And more water. Lots of water. And sleep.

Having been sugar-phobic since elementary school, my body isn't used to mass quantities of fruit. It would logically follow that my guts would take a while to adjust. Duh.

Lesson learned: I DO NOT HAVE BELLY FAT! I am impatient. Lots of water and fruit are good.
hay there,
just checking to see how ur tummy issue is going?
have u lost that bloat?
What does ur diet look like these days? calorie wise?
let me know how ur body is faring - I started experiencing the same thing as you, but i'm also relatively new to this so i attribute it to adjustment.

cheers chick
jo
Try CRONoMeter to track your daily calories. Google it. It's free to download & a VERY helpful tool.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Liquidity Shortage Getting Worse: Fed's Repo Oversubcribed Even More As Funding Demand Jumps #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2lXEgcM"
Thursday
"Liquidity Shortage Getting Worse: Fed's Repo Oversubscribed As Funding Demand Soars 50% Overnight #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2mi7u6d"
Wednesday
"$53.2 Billion In QE Lite: Fed Concludes First Repo In A Decade Amid Liquidity Panic #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kFdPbI"
Tuesday
"Home Prices: Downhill From Here #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kMOeNN"
Sep 17
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sep 16
pradtf left a comment for Tams
Sep 14
pradtf and Tams are now friends
Sep 14
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sep 14
"ECB cuts key rate, relaunches QE to shore up eurozone economy #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kymAUZ"
Sep 14
"Trump Says Fed Should Cut Rates "To ZERO Or Less", So US Can Refinance Debt And Lenghten Maturities #peace #truth#light http://j.mp/2kH4yzB"
Sep 12
hajapapaya replied to TINtininintin's discussion seeking hair and scalp advice in the group Raw Vegan Skincare & Beauty
Sep 8
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Housing Market Crash on the Way: Shiller #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2knZ6ln"
Sep 8
Peter Csere commented on Peter Csere's video
Sep 7
Josephine H Calvi is now friends with Randy Raw, Jojo Marion and Kevin
Sep 6
Lotus33 and Primal Rich are now friends
Sep 6
Scarlet R joined TheBananaGirl's group
Sep 6

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service