30 Bananas a Day!

I have been taking a hormone birth control for a couple years now and I would like to get off of it. 

I didn't want to be on medication of any sort to begin with! I do not like the thought of medications altering me. Also, since i've been on it my blood pressure has slowly gone up and so has my weight. 

I am 30 with an 11 year old boy and I am POSITIVE I don't want anymore kids for a million reasons.

I would really like to do something natural or without hormones.

The things I'm considering are

a non-hormonal copper IUD 

or getting my tubes tied

How do you ladies handle your birth control needs?

Any suggestions or advise?

Views: 627

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In this instance there have not been any studies showing that an IUD causes infertility. So the idea that an IUD would is an assumption not a scientific fact. It doesn't say anywhere in that article that an IUD can cause infertility and does say things like perforation of the uterus or infections are rare. We can't have a real debate on this issue if you are going to say, well you're facts are not facts because they are against my belief in Chinese medicine and ask for anecdotal evidence which is a he said/she said argument. According to the information that we do have IUDs have the highest success rate at preventing pregnancy, equal to sterilization and the lowest chance of side effects because they do not contain hormones. They are also the most affordable method of contraception, the easiest to use and lasts the longest. So regardless of my personal feelings I think it is unethical to discourage women from using IUDs to prevent pregnancy when IUDs are probably the best option for the majority of sexually active women in monogamous relationships. FAM methods by comparison are only 76% effective and still require couples to use barrier methods or abstain from sex 10 days out of the month. For women who do not or cannot become pregnant that is less than practical.  

We're still using Fertility Awareness Method with a barrier, but I'm also looking at the following closely: 

copper IUD for non-permanent, but less effort birth control; 

essure for non-surgical sterilization (they put a little irritant in your fallopian tube, using a catheter through the vagina, cervix, and uterus to get them in place, and then your body forms a scar tissue to block the tubes. It's supposedly permanent, but apparently some reversal surgeries have worked). 

The concept of sterilization scares me, but my mother had her tubes done in her 30s, and DH has considered vasectomy as well, but I feel very strongly about him not doing that. I have no clue why, it's just how I feel. 

Essure takes 10 minutes to insert and 3 months to be effective, but it's a good non-surgical method out there. 

Still, copper IUD might be the one for me, even though it has it's problems. 

I felt strongly that it was my body, my choice and that if DH didn't want the vasectomy himself, it was not my place to insist upon it.  Looking at the situation in an unemotional way, despite our declarations of everlasting love, stuff happens.  I was thinking more in the line of me dying before him rather than splitting up, but if there was a new wife in the picture who had her sights set on kids, it would have been a shame to deny them children when I was the one who was adamant about not having any.

I had my tubes tied when I was 32 and have had zero side effects and zero regrets. It was keyhole surgery and the scar is teeny-tiny and not one iota of concern to me.  I had it done on an outpatient basis and just took it easy for a week or two. 

Frankly, I love the freedom after freaking out about missing 2 pills in one week which I still remember much more vividly than I do the surgery or the recovery.

Defs don't get the patches, shots, and sponges. I already know people who have had some unexpected pregnancies because of them. Rings are also...idk. My friends tell me they are not worth it.

Maybe getting your tubes tied is the best. Get the metal inserts. I heard the silicone ones are too risky.

Fertility Awareness Method.

A very basic and safe way to do this is to get a thermometer, take your temperature every morning at the same time and graph it down. The phase after your period your temps will be 'low', maybe under 98. After you ovulate your temps will raise noticeably. Wait three days after this raise and you are safe. Condoms before, bare after.

You can also monitor your cervical mucus and watch for a pattern that goes from gummy/sticky to egg-white/stretchy. If you don't want to take your temp every morning and once you get more familiar with the way your cycle works you can monitor this fluid and start taking your temps once you are coming up on ovulation and stop after you've recorded the rise in temp.

Condoms before ovulation is always the safest plan ESPECIALLY if you are coming off of hormonal birth control pills. It's also safest to abstain during the very fertile time when creamy or egg-white cervical mucus is present.

Check out the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility and the TCYOF website.

Is this what you do? It sounds like a lot of work! lol

I'm glad you said it, Jeanette!  :}

i do it; it's not a lot of work once you know what to look for. 30 seconds daily. 

Yup! It is interesting, I think, to know what's going on in my body. It's not 'work', but takes getting used to a new routine. Setting a quiet alarm to pop a thermometer in your mouth for a minute and once a day sticking your fingers up there to check mucus. And, like i said, you really only need to check mucus for about 10 days out of the month and take temps for maybe 5. For me, it's the only option. 

Well I am truly happy that you found something natural that works for you! :) 

why not just do the natural method by monitoring your cycle, your ovulation, and when your fertile days are ( abstain from sex on those days which are usually in the middle of your cycle from 4-7 days usually)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
Wednesday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Tuesday
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Tuesday
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Monday
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Oct 14
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Oct 14
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Oct 13
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Oct 13
ednshell posted a discussion
Oct 13
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 13
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12
Rock and Tams are now friends
Oct 12
Tams posted a discussion
Oct 11
"Powell says the Fed will start expanding its balance sheet ‘soon’ in response to funding issues #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30Zc8ol"
Oct 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service