30 Bananas a Day!

Binged On PURE Nastiness all weekend; Will I EVER be able to hang out with NON LFRVs Without Giving In?

Well I'm sure a lot of people have a post like this at least once in their lifetime while trying to change over into a LFRV lifestyle.  I had been dong SOOO well for the past four weeks until this weekend where I was with people who do not share my desire to live a LFRV lifestyle.  I thought I was strong enough but I was not, I caved in to all the food they offered, and not only had some but PIGGED out on it.  Bread, cheese, candies, cooked veggies and pasta in disgustingly  large portions.  Now I'm sitting here feeling totally guilty as well as sluggish and gross physically.

I know that if anyone does respond to this discussion they are going to say to just suck it up and move on.  Dont look back and don't waste an ounce of energy feeling guilty.  I can only try but guilt is such a difficult emotion to control.

What I'd like to know is will I ever be able to socialize again??  Because where I live finding other LFRV friends will be next to impossible, so in that case what does one do when they still want to spend time with friends?  How long did it take for others to get over cravings and temptations and start being able to spend time with whoever they want regardless of what temptations were placed in front of them?

Views: 164

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I definitely gorged. I gorged like it was the last time I'd be eating chocolate, and hopefully it is :)
DR here.

You got 2 options Nickie.

1. Blame yourself and think its lack of character/friends etc.

2. Understand that your just undereating on sweet fruit and your body is forcing you to go seek calories from elsewhere.

Its that simple.
Thanks DR. But I guess you didn't read the whole stream. I'm not going to sit here blaming myself instead I am going to see it as a learning experience. I'm especially pyched because to be honest when I first started 811 I didn't feel like I LOVE fruit the way I loved my favourite dishes of cooked food. But now after a month of doing extremely well on 811and then having this weekend setback my body actually CRAVED fresh fruit. To me this is a breakthrough, there was actual DESIRE for fruit. So I know the reprogramming has begun :)

But the thing that people don't get on here, and I'm not the only one is that my problem is not undereating, I eat more then 4000 calories a day, my problem is with flat our desire and then lack of self control.

Basically I see, I desire, I take. Thats how it goes when Im in an environment full of tempting cooked foods. My belly can be full of bananas and I'm just as happy as anything, but then place a plate of my mothers best spaghetti in front of me and it will be a struggle for me to deny the desire for it. If it was simply a hunger thing and not getting enough calories I'd be coasting, but its a mental thing, its something that gets triggered when I see/smell some of my old favourites.

Kind of like telling a smoker who just quit four weeks ago to just make sure to breathe in a lot of fresh air before going to a party where everyone is still smoking lol :o)

I think the only way I can do this IS to avoid social settings and have no friends for awhile, get to a point where I am reprogrammed completely to only want my fruits. Because its just still too soon for me simple as that. There is nothing wrong with knowing ones limitations. I need to focus on my health for now. Only when this mental hurdle I'm facing is surpassed (and it will be) can I take all the great advice of making sure I eat enough before dinner parties, or bringing a bag of oranges to gatherings etc etc.
You just had a great learning experience. Embrace it :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Rock and Nemo are now friends
Tuesday
OrganicMark posted a status
"#SerialBrain2 - Winning: Trump now controls the chemtrails! (Pt.2) #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2GbYV48"
Sunday
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filing Onslaught is On the Way #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2JFxuAL"
Sunday
Profile Iconchungculands, Deya Storm, Luke Robinson and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Sunday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
Tanya Popovic left a comment for Rebecca
Jul 12
Rebecca left a comment for Rebecca
Jul 12
Profile Iconcal bates, mark wilcox, Claire Hyun and 4 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jul 11
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) replied to Eddie (Mecca Date Farm)'s discussion Semi Dry Medjool Dates, 20 # for $67.00 US. from meccadatefarm.com
Jul 10
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) posted a discussion
Jul 10
"Deutsche Bank will exit global equities business and slash 18,000 jobs in sweeping overhaul #truth #love #light #now https://cnb.cx/2LFElN9"
Jul 8
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jul 8
"Most Americans Can't Afford To Pay Rent, Eat Food, Buy Stuff, Or Get Sick (And It's Just Going To Get Worse) #love http://bit.ly/2YBf3mL"
Jul 6
"Media Predictions Of "Tiny Crowd" For Trump July 4 Speech Proven Spectacularly Wrong #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2Xtf1B8"
Jul 6
Jul 1
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Jun 30

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service