30 Bananas a Day!

Hello! Wanted to see if there are any other LFRV people out there who practice Bikram? I have recently committed to doing it once a day and would love to connect with someone who is on a similar path. Support is super important, and I'd like to build motivation through this website. Now that I've moved I am far from a studio, so in order to continue with my practice I just close all the windows in my room and let the temperature rise! Get's super hot - I love it!

I'm also interested to hear what others have experienced with combining Bikram and eating raw.

Thanks!

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OH MY GOD NO WAY THATS THE REASON I ORIGINALLY WANTED TO GO WHEN I WAS LITTLE! wow what a coincidence! I was just telling my roommates that the other day!!! lol marykate and ashley.....
I Lo0o0ved their movies. *blush* still kinda do...LoL
I work at a Bikram Yoga studio and have been practicing 3-4 times per week for about 3 weeks now. I absolutely love it!
The only thing with Bikram is that it completely takes away my appetite! I have no desire to consume anything other than water sometimes for days afterwards. This was a blessing when I was practicing before 811 with high fat raw and restricting calories. Now I just continue eating and try to ignore the feeling of not wanting food. I'm not too sure why this happens.
Otherwise, Bikram is a fantastic workout and it is progressively helping to heal 4 herniated lumbar discs that push into my sciatic nerve.
It also works great here in Canada during the cold winters!
Yeah, I get the no appetite thing too!! I'm a little worried of dropping too much weight - I'm already at about 112 and I'm 5'8" - I wonder why Bikram takes away our appetite? I read a quote once that said, "If the heart is full then the stomach needs no food." Not sure if those were the exact words, but somewhere along those lines. Wonder if that may have anything to do with it?
Haha. we could trade if you'd like ;) I'm 5'8 too, but 125lbs. I'm not sure, although I'm told that it's entirely normal. I may not feel like having food, but when I start to make my boyfriend dinner (cooked low fat vegan) and it smells wonderful, I know that it's time to dig into the bananas and dates!

Either way, I still love Bikram :)
Yeah, the whole no appetite thing is the only bump in the road I see with practicing Bikram and living the high fruit lifestyle. I am willing to experiment though and just see how my body does. Mentally I know I can pretty much get through anything. Physically I am fairly strong, but I would rather not drop a bunch of weight and end up looking like a stick. I like having muscle, so like I said...I'm willing to give it a shot, cuz I do feel amazing when I practice Bikram. I really like the daterade idea, so I'm going to try that out in conjunction with my workouts. Hopefully that helps. Good luck on getting back into Bikram, it's SO amazing. I wish everyone would give it a shot. Even just once a week would be beneficial!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Calico Pete is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
4 hours ago
ednshell posted a video

Are Vacuum Blenders Worth It?! With John Kohler

Diving deep into the subject of Vacuum Blenders with the man the myth the legend John Kohler. We go into what are vacuum blenders, what are the advantages an...
16 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Did Google Assassinate Wife Of Whistleblower Who Exposed The Search Engine? #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2TIghNE"
18 hours ago
"The Fed Is Stuck In QE Hell #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/30MnEoQ"
Tuesday
Alex Curtis-Slep's photo was featured
Saturday
Profile IconRonald Gordon, Kelli Hayes, Neda and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
Michael Lanfield posted a video
Saturday
"Weekend $500B Bank Bailout Needed for Jamie Dimon's Bonus! (Bix Weir) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2NAhwdZ"
Friday
Michael Lanfield posted a discussion
Jan 17
Michael Lanfield posted a status
"Wanna visit Costa Rica? Vegans get 20% off accommodations. https://peaceful-village.com/join/renting/"
Jan 17
Michael Lanfield and Mindaugas BananaHoover are now friends
Jan 16
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens commented on Jasmin's group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens replied to anna's discussion fruitarians in spain / canary islands in the group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service