30 Bananas a Day!

I'm thinking about WWOOFing next year, it would be great if I got some suggestions! :) 

Views: 1605

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Taiwan! I've WWOOFed there before and going back in Jan/Feb to eat my bodyweight in fruit!! If you want a contact of a guava farm, let me know ;)

Hi!  I know this is an old post, but I am traveling in SE Asia and looking for a farm to volunteer at!  Can you send me the information about the farm you wwoofed at?

Oh, I'm planning on WWOOFing too. When do you plan on starting? I haven't done it yet, but was accepted to a couple of places in Hawaii when I thought I was going a few months ago. I bought the subscription to Hawaii through the WWOOFing website (which I don't really recommend) In the future I think I would just look up farms through google and contact them directly or find things on this website (like your first response provided for you :)..

Oh really?! D: I'm 17, and I'm planning to go to Italy to WWOOF this summer (because Italy, Canada, and Portugal take 17 yearolds)...I'm actually fundraising for the airfair(you know, if anyone wants to donate [breathing intensifies] :/) The year after next I want to volunteer in Latin America...

Well it's up to you, if you actually know where you want to go, it's probably easier to go through wwoofing. Since your choices are limited right now, that makes it easier! I on the other hand..have a hard time narrowing down, therefore I would do the extra work to go through google probably. It is nice that you can filter your search on their website for vegan friendly farms though. But the place I was accepted to and would go to, I didn't even find through their website ;p
It would be amazing to do it in Italy! Excellent choice (goodluck with your fundraising!!) I thought Italy was wonderful and I didn't even get to get into nature really when I was there..would love to go for that aspect. And hey, you know Europe is GMO free basically so that's a WIN.

It's no Italy, but it would be a lot cheaper getting to Canada.  There are quite a few farms that accept WWOOFers in the South East Interior of BC.  Look for one in the West Kootenays.  It's an amazing place - being vegan (or pretty much anything for that matter) won't lift any eyebrows, and there's even (or was fairly recently) a raw food cafe in Nelson.  You'd still have to buy imported tropical fruit, but there's lots of other fruit around.  Apples, pears, huckleberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, plums, apricots, grapes, butternuts, walnuts, hazelnuts can all be found growing wild and free to pick.  Most people growing food commercially are doing it organically or close to.  The Okanagan region is another option if you don't want to be so rural.  There's a much bigger farming industry there.  Lots of peaches and grapes.  Not as much organic, though; and the culture is more conservative.  You might haveto explain what vegan means to a few people.

I already signed up for Italy, and I'm pretty set in going there! (: I'm just thinking about when I turn 18, all the fruity countries I can go to... c: 

wwoof while being a raw foodist/fruitarian/vegan/whatever you wanna call yourself (I despise labeling human beings) can be a challenging task in my opinion. I've been looking for a farm to volunteer at for almost a year now and I had one set up in Florida at least one month in advance with them being aware of how I eat and on my drive down here got a call from them and got some lousy excuse as to why they couldn't take me in at the time. So, double better yet triple check with the farm your specific time frame will work before making your departure. But to answer your question, I believe that you should check out Hawaii. It's not another country but so many people have been there and have not one complaint to be made. Lots of tropical fruit I can only imagine. I also almost went to Hawaii and that farm ended up canceling on me as well. On the other hand I'm here in Florida now working with someone on their backyard in return for housing and everything is going wonderful. I've continued to stick with my lifestyle and have no plans of turning back. Sometimes you're better off just getting out there and seein what there is. Plans are never the best in my opinion. The only person you can ever truly rely on is yourself, so if you want something it's really up to you. Italy would really be cool though. Good luck to you on your future endeavors, with enough research you will find the farm that will best suit you. Much love.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
20 hours ago
allie posted a discussion
yesterday
allie posted a photo
yesterday
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
yesterday
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
yesterday
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Jun 13
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 13
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 10
Jun 6
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
Jun 4
OrganicMark posted a status
"What The Secret Space Force Really Looks Like May Surprise You! 2019-2020 #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XovQZF"
Jun 4
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 3

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service