30 Bananas a Day!

Hi dear family,

In your travels where did you find sweet, organic, really cheap oranges the whole year around?

Views: 207

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I lived in Australia near Byron Bay, there was a lot of good citrus available most of the year. It has been quite a few years now, so I do not remember all the details, but there where mandarins, navels, tangerines, blood oranges, all sorts, at reasonable prices, not all certified organic, but quite a few where. I do not remember the season exactly, but think it is pretty much year round, and quite local, though there is definitely a bit of a peak and shoulder season, maybe someone else can fill you in on more specifics, or you could try googling a bit more to get a better idea. There is also a lot of pineapple, banana, custard apple, etc. that grows in or near that region.            

Good Luck,

s.

I'd choose oranges from south of Italy, more precisely from Sicily!

Most of oranges in Italy are grown in Sicily although there are three different types that spike out from all others:

-Tarocco (my favorite) 

-Sanguinello 

-Moro

All these have been marked IGP (Protected Geographic Location, in Italian would be Indicazione Geografica Protetta) by the State of Italy which means they can only be cultivated in certain areas of the island.  

There oranges have 40% more vitamin C than other types and you won't believe how sweet they taste! When in season I have a liter and half for breakfast every day! 

You must try them once if this is your most enjoyable fruit ;)  

I grew up eating fresh picked citrus all year long,   many types  all year long  when I lived in Southern California,  the valenci oranges on   this one propert I rent on  in he hills along a perrennial stream had the best ,there was always flowers/fruit set,  medium green fruit, "ripe oranges",  and then also on the same branch there is shrinked up  golden oranges that have  some greenish moss algae and scales on the top half of the fruit and they get leathery skin like a firm Hakey sac . When I touch them they fall into my had or they are found on the ground in the soft mulchy  soil along side  a perennial stream, anyways  now I live on the big Island Hawaii and i eat citrus all year fresh picked  all I can eat  proly eat 30 types of citrus thruout the  years hhhhhre   most of the fruit trees I eat from  the fruit rots on the ground   and the wild life use it  .

Many  types of old seedling maderians   are all over the Hawaiian Islands , 100 year old citrus trees  all over

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Windlord's 2 photos were featured
16 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
20 hours ago
ednshell commented on Ben Trovato's video
21 hours ago
Akira is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
21 hours ago
Rock commented on Jacob Hafer's blog post ATTENTION: Potential Partner Fruitarian Females Please See
yesterday
Rock replied to Reese's discussion Can you still have detox symptoms eating 50% raw and 50% sad
yesterday
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion The Gender Knot, veganism, and liberalism.
yesterday
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Acupuncture and chiropractic on animals is pseudo-science animal cruelty.
yesterday
Rock replied to Silvery's discussion What are good techniques in not letting the bananas over ripe?
yesterday
Charlie joined gmb's group
Friday
Andreea is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Where Is Inflation Hiding? In Asset Prices! #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2VSkM6E"
Thursday
"World Trade Suffers Biggest Collapse Since Financial Crisis #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2vajA2w"
Wednesday
"Banks Prepare to Take Your Money ⚠️ Bail-ins Exposed, Economic Collapse Update #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2UA4Ucg"
Wednesday
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Still Mind
Tuesday
Houdini Steve Owens replied to Ciara's discussion My English for your Spanish in the group International Penfriends and Language Exchange
Tuesday

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service